LegacyGT.com

Install Day : AVO RSB + AVO Endlinks = Pure Bliss

SWP-LegacyGT

So I got my AVO RSB and AVO Endlinks installed today @ RalliTEK. Major props to Ken and Garner for giving me a call on one of the last RSB's in stock. :lol:

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3760/yhst4918738067384519351zc0.jpghttp://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8233/yhst4918738067384519351mm0.jpg

Anyhoo, that said; I've got about 16,350 miles on the car. Having just got flashed and gone Stage 1 about month, month and a half ago. The power has been nice but honestly the car was getting a bit too squirrely in the corners for me when I went on the throttle hard.

That said, I've been "overall" happy with the stock suspension setup until the reflash when I realized I needed to upgrade some of the suspension to handle the power.

I can safely say that if you flash to Stage 1, I would highly recommend saving up for the AVO RSB w/ Endlinks because you're going to want that body roll tightened out on some of the cornering with improved power.

So how does it feel?

That's usually the question that people ask. Honestly it's night and day difference between Stock vs AVO RSB. When you first get into the car, the car just feels more "solid". Getting up to speed the car just seems to squat the back tires to the ground for traction and push you forward. Changing lanes on the freeway is a breeze. The car is planted when you move from

left ---> right or right ----> left. It's an amazing feeling.

It's raining pretty hard today in Portland and so I haven't taken corners overly agressively due to that fact however the ones I've pushed the car a little on it just squats and pushes you through the corner.

Overall I've only heard one "chunk" noise from the back which honestly I think was a rock I ran over hitting the underside of the car so I'm not really worried about it. All the other corners I've taken I've had no issues at all.

Setup for the curious:

Stock Springs

Stock FSB

AVO RSB

AVO Rear Endlinks

Again thanks goes out to RalliTEK for the install and if anyone has questions, shoot me a PM or reply here.

later.

-Aaron-

#####

Update

#####

3/25/07

Well here's an update guys. I had the bar on now for about 3 weeks or so and I had the dreaded "clunk" sound coming from the rear of the car during travel. I called up RalliTEK and made an appointment with them of which I got in this past Friday. They lubed the bar, retightened everything and now the clunk is gone. That said, still very happy with the bar and the service at RalliTEK is top notch.

on the install. I just installed the Cobb set on my wagon last night. Sways are definitely needed for getting buttoned down in the turns. Questions about the AVO endlinks? Are they a sealed design? I looks like there is a dust cap on the joint.

Again Congrats

I've been leaning towards this bar. Sounds like a nice improvement. Can't you easily make her rotate :)?

I'm stage 2 w/stock suspension, and I just came back from the twisties, can you say floaty :(

I've been leaning towards this bar. Sounds like a nice improvement. Can't you easily make her rotate :)?

I'm stage 2 w/stock suspension, and I just came back from the twisties, can you say floaty :(

Yeah, now i'm trying to remember, your a 5EAT too right VTGT? I'm suprised you've gone full stage 2 w/o any suspension stuff. You should get this ASAP because it honestly makes the car better.

I just got back from running to the video store and I took one of the freeway onramps at about 45-50ish and was able to push the throttle through the turn and get up to merge speed while still on the ramp. The car just squated on that turn as it dug and pulled me around the corner.

very happy with the purchase and again, highly recommend it. :)

Yup 5eat stage 2 for a little over a thousand miles. I've been trying to decide whether to put on some cobb springs or go straight to some used coilovers. Money is a little tight right now so It probably won't be for a few months.

I was looking at the AVO while ago when they were having that sale and looked very appealing :)

Yup 5eat stage 2 for a little over a thousand miles. I've been trying to decide whether to put on some cobb springs or go straight to some used coilovers. Money is a little tight right now so It probably won't be for a few months.

I was looking at the AVO while ago when they were having that sale and looked very appealing :)

It's a very high quality piece. I would say try out the RSB, then tires and then maybe some coils.

I still need to take a ride in Tigersan's car here in Portland as he has Bilstien's and Pinks on his 5EAT to make the judgment.

I woulds say that a RSB would be the first good purchase for your suspension.

Lucky bastage!

I'm on the wait list for the full AVO suspension kit. I took a little drive through the Malibu hills today on the way back from work meetings in Santa Barbara, and really wished I had the sway bars on already.

Oh well, hopefully they get in by the end of the month and will have them installed before the April 7th ITN rally...

Congrats & thanks for the write up!

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think AVO reccomends the regular LGT endlinks for lowered cars and the OB endlinks for a car with stock springs and dampers.

Off RalliTEK's site:

"A low-cost solution to firm up your handling performance. These endlinks work with lowered cars, or stock height."

So they probably work fine on either. :)

• 1 month later...
I think I will try the AVO end links. Also why do people only buy RSB? Why not get a matched pair? I got whiteline F&R adj. sways and I think is very balanced and flat in the corners. As for coil-overs I just installed KW V.2 and the are great and the ride is much better and controlled then my old H-tech/stock strut setup. It's more like a BMW ride. I would be scared to go stage 2 with stock suspension. The dive, squat, roll, float, and alot of power is not a good combo. Right now I'm stage 2 TDC map for K&N typhoon and I really think you need springs or coil-over to be able to safely use the power.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Off RalliTEK's site:

"A low-cost solution to firm up your handling performance. These endlinks work with lowered cars, or stock height."

So they probably work fine on either. :)

Weird. To quote the AVO website:

"These endlinks work best with lowered cars. If you are fitting these to a stock North American Legacy GT, you should use our longer Outback stabilinks."

I wonder why the discrepancy? I bet the standard endlinks work fine, but perhaps a little more chance of clunking on hard turns?

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

I think I will try the AVO end links. Also why do people only buy RSB? Why not get a matched pair? I got whiteline F&R adj. sways and I think is very balanced and flat in the corners. As for coil-overs I just installed KW V.2 and the are great and the ride is much better and controlled then my old H-tech/stock strut setup. It's more like a BMW ride. I would be scared to go stage 2 with stock suspension. The dive, squat, roll, float, and alot of power is not a good combo. Right now I'm stage 2 TDC map for K&N typhoon and I really think you need springs or coil-over to be able to safely use the power.

I will probably get the AVO endlinks when I upgrade springs. Until then, the RSB makes a significant difference as is.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on what you want from the car.

I know for me.... having driven a local board members car Pugsly, I loved the cars feel with just the RSB installed.

Also per driver, it depends on what you want out of the car. The front sway is 21mm and now the AVO RSB being @ 20mm (up from the stock which is 16mm I believe) there is a world of difference.

Squat at least for me is better with the RSB but I can see your point with making sure suspension is up to snuff before going Stage 2.

I think for the time being, I'm not going to be heading into Stage 2 territory until the factory warranty is up and that's going to be a while.

In the meantime, suspension (struts, coils, BBK etc) wheels and tires are on my hit list for the next batch of mods.

Just installed my AVO today. Kept stock endlinks for now. my OBXT handles like a dream. I took the wheels off for the install and it went pretty fast from that point on. Why aren't our cars shipped with thicker sways? At least the JDM bar?

^ Good question. Maybe SOA is afraid we'd all hurt ourselves by having too much fun! ;)

Am I the only one who loves the orange color on this bar? Every time I walk up to my car I see it and smile.... :)

Just installed my AVO today. Kept stock endlinks for now. my OBXT handles like a dream. I took the wheels off for the install and it went pretty fast from that point on. Why aren't our cars shipped with thicker sways? At least the JDM bar?

Because, by and large, US drivers suck and are idiots. The USDM cars (the vast majority, not just Subarus) are set up to understeer if pushed too hard. For most drivers, understeer is much safer than oversteer. Thicker rear sways = greater chance of oversteer.

I'll probably get the beefier ones later. Rallitek didn't have any in stock and didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal to run the AVO bar with the stock endlinks. Car feels great though.

Archived