LegacyGT.com

Injectors for a hybrid Gen2 top and Ej257 block

Tried to explain it a bit in the title, but I'm wondering what injectors I can use with my Phase 1 DOHC EJ25 engine that will be roughly 600-650cc with my Walbro 255 fuel pump. I plan on running roughly 20-22lbs. eventually and want to make sure I'm giving the engine enough fuel. I'm not sure what the best type of injectors may be (as far as side-feed or top-feed) and I'm not sure what injectors might match. I'm also planning on running Ethanol as well (Don't worry. ECU will support it..)

Everything seems to be for WRX's and newer Leggo's. Any help would be great!

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Thanks. That's pretty much what I'm looking for. Going for 550-600cc. I'll give 'em a look.

Another thing I forgot to add was that at some point I plan on running E85 as well. So, I gotta be sure these injectors will do both gasoline and alcohol... Shouldn't be too hard to find. I just want to make sure I'm going to be giving the car enough fuel.

Somewhere around there. I've noticed that the E85 injectors are generally somewhere around 850cc to 1100cc. Not sure if I need THAT much fuel, but maybe I'll stick with a lower flow injector and see how it works out. Thanks for the info everyone!

• I Donated

I would suggest running at least 850cc.

Look up Topspeed Motorsports in Atlanta, GA and give them a call. They will be able to give you some advise.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Yeah. That was my intention in the beginning. I just see so many people having a great time with E85 that I've wanted to give it a shot. E85 is in no way mandatory though. I very well may stick with premium...

ID700 or ID1000. Nothing else compares

Groovy. I'll check those out as well. They make injectors I can toss into my hybrid? Also, for my setup (350-400BHP) which would you recommend?

Wow. Seems that right now the 750's 850's and 1000's are the same price. Would I be screwing myself by going with the 1000's? Also, do I need the pins 'n clips, pigtails, etc..? Yes, this question is directed toward you, Mike. :)

AFAIK all Subaru top-feeds are the same physical dimensions, so if you had top feeds, then ID's for a Subaru should fit.

The 750's have the best spray pattern and idle control. That is not to say the 1000's idle like crap... in fact, they will still idle better than stock. You probably would never notice the difference in quality between the 750's and 1000's, most tuners wouldn't either.

If it's the same cost, get the 1000's, then you'll never have to upgrade them. The ID's use a different style plug than OEM, so you either need to cut the plugs off and re-wire them, or get the adapters. You need a special W crimper to do a re-wire. I don't recommend the pigtails unless you are experienced with wiring and trust your skillz.

If it turns out you have a side-feed setup, there really is no good option except to convert to top-feed

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Excellent! Great info. I have top-feed now so everything should be good. I'll order the 1000's (as long as they're the same price.) I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be over-fueling my car. I'll see if I can find the adapters as well. Thanks!

EDIT: Yup. Same price. $115 each which is a pretty reasonable price. *shrug* So, I got 'em and I also got a HFFS 255 to go with 'em. I haven't heard anything bad about the HFFS FP's but they come with a 1 year warranty which I thought was awesome. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them?

never heard of them

edit: they look like modified chinese walbros. I don't know what else they could be at $80 a pop.

Currently the Walbro GSS342 is the gold standard. For something to come out that is cheaper and is a better performer, I find it hard to believe.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

The HFP 255 seems to be absolutely great so far. At least it won't choke on me like the last 2 Walbro's did (One 2500 miles in and the other 3000 miles in...) If it does, it's replaced for free. So, I'm happy thus far.

As far the injectors, like a dumb shit I never bothered to look to see if my rails were top or side and, of course, they're side. So, now I need to find a top-feed conversion for my Gen2. Anyone know if the ID side-to-top feed conversion works for the Gen2's? If not, maybe someone else sells a conversion that will work?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Archived