LegacyGT.com

Info about extra switches

waterdish

Wow, what a coincedence. I was just at the dealer today looking for the same thing. The only other Subaru that has a two switch in that location is the Tribeca. The other switch is the VDC switch, I think. Anyways, the switch did not sell seperate. It was the whole 2 switch and a blank spot unit. The price tag was $53. So I did not go for it. I need to come up with something else for a switch there.

I think that's the perfect spot for a Homelink button or two. Wish I could rig that up somehow. Any way to get the homelink internals w/o actually decimating a visor?

Get the Homelink visor, or get the Homelink auto-dimming mirror. I got the mirror last week and love it.

The homelink adds 3 buttons for garage door openers or other Homelink branded equipment. (like stuff to turn on lights in your house and gate openers etc...)

Cheapest I have found it is subarugenuineparts.com:

Sub-Total: $187.20

United Parcel Service (1 x 8lbs) (Ground): $9.13

Total: $196.33

Should have mine here sometime early next week. It should be a plug and play, especially for me since I am replacing my auto-dimming with compass.

PIC:

subaru-homelink-mirror.jpg.f50a8d2567b12deeb7aa791ca3bb4593.jpg

is there a way to upgrade my mirror?

Sure even if you have the regular mirror, the wiring harness is still there. You have to take out your map lights and un-tape the mirror harness from the map light harness.

I will follow up when I get my mirror and let you know what extra parts you might need, if any.

The install should be very similar to this:

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2104

Archived