LegacyGT.com

Increasing NA Power

I drive a 2008 NA and was wondering what mods/additions could be done to increase the overall power to the vehicle. I have an intake, spark plugs, phenolic spacers, and a grounding kit. I'm planning on having the car tuned as well. Anything else you can think of?

About the most I've seen of the N/A car gains on here with a tune and mods are between 20 - 30 whp. It's your choice to spend your money for such little gains.
My wife's balls are delicious.

Honestly, this is what i'd do.

A) Don't do jack shit to the na 08 and drive it as it is.

You said it yourself, if you sell it, you won't get much for it. Keep this in mind if you mod it.

B) Go buy something else and use your 08 as the daily and the secondary as a fun project.

I drive a 2008 NA and was wondering what mods/additions could be done to increase the overall power to the vehicle. I have an intake, spark plugs, phenolic spacers, and a grounding kit. I'm planning on having the car tuned as well. Anything else you can think of?

Besides doing a turbo swap or purchasing a GT version, are there any other ideas?

I think you touched on all the things that will help. I've heard the tune does add some nice gains. Have you considered a header? They are expensive for the gain, but can provide a little bit of HP.

If you are looking to make it faster, you can look at weight reduction. Also, lighter weight wheels/tires can help get the car off the line faster.

Otherwise, make it faster in the corners! Look at suspension mods to tighten things up.

I think you touched on all the things that will help. I've heard the tune does add some nice gains. Have you considered a header? They are expensive for the gain, but can provide a little bit of HP.

If you are looking to make it faster, you can look at weight reduction. Also, lighter weight wheels/tires can help get the car off the line faster.

Otherwise, make it faster in the corners! Look at suspension mods to tighten things up.

I appreciate your actual reply man. I'm happy with my NA, just looking for a little more power, so I will definitely look into those!

Good luck. If you want to get really wild and crazy, you can start to play with cams, pistons, CRs, etc. That can be a spendy and winding road though.

Is your car a manual or an auto? If it's an auto, those transmission are quite parasitic. You could consider a manual trans swap. I'm not sure how involved it would be, but I think the manual is quicker than the auto.

This.. I still had a ton of fun in my 09 legacy 2.5i because of the handling. Honestly, I love my turbo outback, but sometimes I wish I stayed N/A because I don't really use the power enough to justify the added expenses and worries.

More power is tough, you might try a lighter crank pulley, or weight reduction. Exhaust, intake and headers will yield some HP but the cost benefit isn't really there. Suspension is way more bang for the buck. A fat rear sway bar with good endlinks, koni yellows and some decent springs will transform the car and make it way more fun.

Brought to you by Pfizer

Archived