LegacyGT.com

Ignition Problem - Car wont shut OFF;

Ok, 1994 Subaru Legacy L. Went to start my car after work yesterday, dead. Jumped it, drove it home the 20 miles and tried to start it again. Still dead. Charged the battery overnight, fired the car up, and got the battery tested and they deemed it the alternator.

So I'm messing with it, seeing if my battery light is on and I notice that with the key off, I still have dash lights and fan speed. I start it up and turn the key off but this time it doesn't stop running. I push the clutch in, put it in reverse, and it turns off. Not a stall, but legitimately turned off. Then after a few seconds, the dash lights and fan comes back on - with the key OFF.

I looked all over and I can't find ANYTHING when it comes with this. Only people saying it doesn't start. Is it the ignition, is my alternator really bad? I'm thinking that the reason it didn't start after work yesterday is because it drained that battery. HELP

So I replaced the alternator with a Remaned one from ebay and my battery is still not charging. I looked into the ignition switches and I'm not sure if it would be the ignition lock cylinder or the ignition switch. I think the ignition switch. Does anybody know if there are any alternator fuses? I can't find any.

Archived