LegacyGT.com

If the service department gives you crap...

Carter

about replacing a radio under warranty that is clearly defective ( the old "I'll talk to my tech and call you tomorrow." for over a month now), Who do you think its best to talk to about the issue, the owner of the dealership, or SOA?

are you talking about the "when its cold, my radio looses all its presets" issh? If so, its not the radio, its the battery, there isnt enough CCA to handle the load.

haha, I wish that was the problem. I'm talking about completely dying on me. screen goes blank, controls dont work. Steering wheel controls work though...

Hey, I have an idea, maybe carry a camcorder with you and record it everytime it happens with a time stamp? Then show them all the trouble you go through. If nothing else, put in on youtube and create bad publicity for them.

Just thinking here.

X

---

about replacing a radio under warranty that is clearly defective ( the old "I'll talk to my tech and call you tomorrow." for over a month now), Who do you think its best to talk to about the issue, the owner of the dealership, or SOA?

Why not both?

- The Mortgage Man

Have they firsthand witnessed the radio in its defective state?

Yes, but when they looked at it, it was as if they did not care. It was one of those things, "When it happens stop by so we can see it and confirm it" I did just that one night. The tech looked at it, played with the knobs and admited something wasnt right and sent me on my way. That was a month ago. They said they would contact tech line. (im sick of hearing about tech line) and get back to me. Never happened. When I got an oil change 3 weeks ago I asked and they said they would talk to the master tech and get back to me. No go. I emailed 2 weeks ago. They said they would talk to the master tech and get back to me. No go again. I emailed them this past Friday. No response. So tonight I stopped in and asked them if they were going to replace it or were we gonna have to go round and round. The service manager went out back into the service area to "speak with the master tech" (who happens to go home at 5:00p yet it was 5:30, I'm no dummy) and then an advisor comes out and tells me that the manager had to go speak with a salesman and that he would call me in the morning. Im not holding my breath. I think Mr Steve Roach will be getting a call from me.

Don't know what a salesman would have to do with anything. Speak to the owner and make it very clear you intend to take it to SOA, BBB, Consumer Reports, State's Atty if you have a lemon law ETC. Put them on notice you intend to make a big issue about it. Sigh. Knowing SOA it probably won"t make any difference but you gotta try.
You're just jealous that the Voices talk to Me. :cool:

It doesn't make any sense that they have to talk to a salesman...unless they are gonna buy your car back. I would give them one more chance. Show up on their door step (I know, again) when the radio display has failed and ask them to write a service order...now. That way you have started a paper trail and it should show that they have witnessed the failure. They have something you want...a fixed (new) radio, so don't start being a prick yet. If they don't do anything after this, just wait for the sucker to fail completely...you have the balance of your warranty. If it doesn't, well, who cares?
It is still ugly.

Go to another dealership. They clearly have crappy service. It's easier for you to go to a different dealership than to change the way that dealership works. If you think this sucks, wait until your 3rd or 5th problem you have with them, and it is something that affects driveability. Just do the easier thing and go somewhere else. Where are you located? Nevermind these jokers! :D

Check this out:http://legacygt.com/reviews/showcat.php?cat=43

Miscommunication here. He didn't speak to a salesman about my issue, it was for someone else and I think a way to avoid me. If I don't get a call today we'll see abouy calling the owner of the dealer.I would love to drive the car through their front window though. Haha can you imagine?

I called the GM at the dealership. I would speak to the owner but the owner lives out of Colorado!!:eek:

I changed my mind. Write him a letter. Being an absentee owner, maybe he isn't aware of how his delaership is being run.

It is still ugly.

Archived