LegacyGT.com

if i cant afford gt, saab 92x??

sage79

just as the title says, if some godly reason i cant get a gt, is the saab 92x any good??, and know you fellas gonna say get the impreza, but honestly, i dont like the look, is too boyish, the saab looks way more sofisticated, any thoughts??

Maybe you should wait for the 06 Saab 92x, if they get employee pricing.

It gets the new engine like the new 06 WRX and it could be much cheaper. Plus since it has the 2.5L engine, mods and powergains will be easier attained than on the older 2.0L.

I keed I keeed

Plus, there is no more employee pricing...It ended Aug. 1st!

I have driven the 92-x, and lemme tell you, DON'T buy the auto...the lag is HORRIBLE!

As for everything else, it's same as the WRX, minus the front bumber, etc. Wonder what the '06 looks like, and if there is any deviation from the '05 models.

By the way, sage, where ya located? There's some 05 LGT's around the NYC area...?

You really think employee pricing will end anytime soon, it is just another way of saying discounts, plus it has been extended to Sept 6th:

Saab Employee Discount Price for 2005 Saab 9-2X

(Select a different vehicle)

http://www.gm.com/employeediscount/assets/images/spacer.gifhttp://www.gm.com/employeediscount/assets/images/spacer.gif Selected Style: Aero Saab Employee Discount Price: (approx.) $20,425.00 †(Details) (after applicable incentives)

Saab Employee Discount for Everyone Event

Enjoy the Saab Employee Discount on all 2005 Saab vehicles.* For the first time in history, everyone in America gets the Saab Employee Discount. You pay what we pay. Not a cent more. At participating dealers only.

*Take delivery by September 6, 2005. See participating dealer for details.

†Tax, title, license, dealer fees and other optional equipment extra. See dealer for specific pricing details.

I keed I keeed

1) i am not aware of any automatic saab 92x turbo;

2) my friend just got a 2005 92x last month and the free maintenance is only 2 yrs/24K miles;

3) local saab stealer charged $50 for an oil change! friend = :eek: me = :lol:

This Space For Rent

WAIT! The 9-2x for $20 k is the na version. I recently priced out the 9-2X aero, and similarly equipped to the GT limited, it is about $1000 more, msrp.

The saabaru is no bargain. The interior is really only marginally better than the impreza, and that rear side window on the impreza wagon just looks ass - its the only strong curve in the entire style and it doesn't work, at all.

Well, if you can't get a GT, would you be happy with an Impreza? If so, then you'd be happy with a Saab.

just as the title says, if some godly reason i cant get a gt, is the saab 92x any good??, and know you fellas gonna say get the impreza, but honestly, i dont like the look, is too boyish, the saab looks way more sofisticated, any thoughts??

Plus, there is no more employee pricing...It ended Aug. 1st!

I have driven the 92-x, and lemme tell you, DON'T buy the auto...the lag is HORRIBLE!

As for everything else, it's same as the WRX, minus the front bumber, etc. Wonder what the '06 looks like, and if there is any deviation from the '05 models.

By the way, sage, where ya located? There's some 05 LGT's around the NYC area...?

virginia beach here, waiting for fitzmall to see if they can give me a good deal

:cool::cool::cool:

Reality check. There probably is NO 92x's manual left in the NY metro area or most likely anywhere else in the country.

I was trying to get one before I got my GTL. No luck.

Having said that, I am much more happy with the wagon I got. More room, bigger engine, better interiror. For about $6k more I think I got much better car. No regreats so far.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Get some of those "STi Saabaru Technica International" stickers that were floating around. No, I don't have a pic- I'm very grumpy and won't do your searching for you either. :D

Aero - Yes, Linear - No!!! Got a stripped down auto w/out tubro for a loaner, gutless. The interior was more tasteful, less garish than subbie. Paint looked a little better too. WRX for less $$$, do it.

If you're going to get an '06, don't get the Saab. While the 9-2 is still very much an Impreza, they've made some changes to the WRX that aren't making their way over to the Saab for the '06 model year, such as the 4-pot front and 2-pot rear brakes. If you're going to get an '05, you could get either (provided you can still find an '05 9-2aero). If it's a money thing though - I picked up an '05 WRX wagon on close out with the $1500 rebate for just under $20k :D

That deal is what originally got me looking at buying a new car. I had the intention of checking out a new Saabaru, since it was basically a nicer WRX wagon for less money. I don't have any Saab dealers close by, so I went to a local Subaru dealer to show the wife a WRX wagon for comparison. We realized it was too small for what we wanted, but the Legacy was perfect. I had already been interested in them, but didn't realize how nice they were. The wife was hooked. We weren't in a hurry to buy, until we learned that 5MT GT Wagons were going the way of the Dodo. I think the LGT is definitly worth the extra money over the Saab/WRX. It's much larger, nicer, and faster too. But if low 20k is your absolute limit, the Saabaru is one of the best cars for that money. But as others have said, good luck finding a 5spd. My friend works at a Saab dealer. He said the cars sold very poorly until the employee pricing. Then they couldn't even get any 5spds to the lot, they were sold before they rolled off the truck. I have also heard that this will be the only year for the Saabaru, it is being discontinued after only one year. I don't know if it's still true, but I've heard it a few times.

Check my post and others on this NASIOC thread:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612928&page=2&pp=25

Of course, with the GM employee discount available to everyone now on this car the price becomes very attractive. Still glad I bought my LGTL wagon tho, if for no other reason than the extra room inside.

We could not find a Saabaru 9-2x manual transmission in the United States. However, the 4EAT is plentiful, and is a very good deal, except it is DOG SLOW. Just as your turbo spools up, it shifts.

We opted for a used '05 LGT Ltd., and never looked back. It's faster, it'll likely keep its resale value better (those deep discounts can actually hurt in the long run), and a heck of a lot more luxurious.

Plus, the fact remains, if you are looking for a manual transmission version, you're out of luck.

Never start modding, kids. It's too late for me, save yourselves!

Hooray for 07+ AccessPORT!

You could get a 9-2 for about $19,000 now, and that's the turbo model. I personally think the Saab looks better than the WRX wagon, but hey, to each his own. They're the same car, save for some interior parts like leather seats, and a slightly softer suspension. If I can get the same car for $19,000 with a different badge than one that stickers for $24,000, guess what; money talks, and bullsh*t walks.

All aftermarket mods that can be used on the WRX can also be used on the 9-2. I'd personally rather have the LGT than either of them, but I'm not the one buying the car.:)

We could not find a Saabaru 9-2x manual transmission in the United States. However, the 4EAT is plentiful, and is a very good deal, except it is DOG SLOW. Just as your turbo spools up, it shifts.

We opted for a used '05 LGT Ltd., and never looked back. It's faster, it'll likely keep its resale value better (those deep discounts can actually hurt in the long run), and a heck of a lot more luxurious.

Plus, the fact remains, if you are looking for a manual transmission version, you're out of luck.

Ugh, that really sucks. I was just going to start looking at the 9-2x Aero this weekend.

Guess the A4 stays in the garage for at least another year. :dm:

Archived