LegacyGT.com

Iam freaking cursed.....IAM drops to 0.1250

Deadleave

2 days ago, it was fine at 1

Running same tank of gas since Monday

151894704_LearningView_SS_1-25-201285949AM.jpg.96884042e877cdfbdb677a766e0f16eb.jpg

Today i see boosting at low RPM, normally where its off boost, I see it 4~5 psi, hitting 7 at normal cruise. But no added power, on throttle it feels normal.

Got to work, pulled LV, and had no idea what happened. It seems to have pulled timing at low load, low rpm...so confused.

Looks like really low load, low RPM noise. If you can't find anything rattling around and your IAM is consistantly dropping, I would pull timing or raise the threshold in which flkc is applied.

I ended up having raising the threshhold to >1.25 load and 2000 RPM about 2 or 3 years ago. My IAM never dropped again.

Looks like really low load, low RPM noise. If you can't find anything rattling around and your IAM is consistantly dropping, I would pull timing or raise the threshold in which flkc is applied.

I ended up having raising the threshhold to >1.25 load and 2000 RPM about 2 or 3 years ago. My IAM never dropped again.

Wow its still pulling 8 degrees even after the iam drop. Did you do plugs recently or anything that might have come loose ie coil pack? Try a fresh reset and log a 10-20 minute drive so you can see when it drops and under what conditions.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

The stock knock sensor is not really good at differentiating between knock and noise at anything below 3,000 rpm. Since you are not seeing knock accross the board - just in a very specific area - I don't think it is bad gas or a blown motor. It is probably noise...especially if you were stuck in stop and go traffic recently where you spent most of the time below 3000 RPM.

You should get your fuel trims tightened up though -4% is too high, you ideally want to see that at less than 1%

If it was the knock sensor wouldn't this have been noticed while ago ????

I look at my LV at least once a week, and this is the first time, I saw this happen. But ill know more when i log it, and see where its happening

Going to log,

AFR

RPM

AIM

Load

knock sum

Boost(requested)

Boost(manifold relative Pressure)

WGDC

Cylinder roughness 1-4

did I miss anything ?

Check lines, pressure test, compression test, look for things rattling around, tighten all mounts.

Mine is a noisy car. I'm swapping out the stock clutch + flywheel within the next month and a half - it could be that as I noticed if I drag the clutch it will set the knock sensor off like mad. I also have a weird vibration at high idle and ~2000-2500 rpm that could be attributed to the DMFW.

I bumped my flkc threshold to 1.1 load (still safe) and it's helped a lot. Only do this after verifying no leaks, good compression, etc.

I'm thinking the injector cleaner did that. I put some of that bk44 stuff in my car last year and got similar issues. Not showing as much knock but really low Ian. Fresh tank and reset and it went away

+1, had the same issuse after running injector cleaner. Mine must had some octane boost in it, because it coated my spark plugs and started having misfiring. Fresh tank of gas and new plugs fixed that.

My wife's balls are delicious.

+1, had the same issuse after running injector cleaner. Mine must had some octane boost in it, because it coated my spark plugs and started having misfiring. Fresh tank of gas and new plugs fixed that.

that sucks! seems like the injector cleaner formula is important to note. like i said, seafoam has been nothing but great for me and my ecu. :lol:

No idea :confused:

We checked hoses nothing obvious, no rattles,

Reset ECU and logged. After reset @.75 normal, them shortly jumps to 1.0 normal. I start to drive a bit still under 2500 rpm, then IAM drops to .8750

I cruised for about an hour, on highway to a shop. AIM stayed at .8750 as I was taking it easy. But Fine Knock was all over the place. It was pulling timing

romraiderlog_20120125_163506.csv

romraiderlog_20120125_165755.csv

romraiderlog_20120125_171249.csv

romraiderlog_20120125_172231.csv

Some didnt have any knock event associate it with it, nor drop in AFR ?

I put in a fresh tank of gas, if it doesn't go away. Then its a tuner shop to check it out via experts.

Thanks for all the input and help

I dont think its knock, or knock induced.

Looking though the romraider logs, fine learning and feedback learning are pulling adding timing, all over the place, at load, off load, and 80% of the times, there was no knock, unless its not showing up on the knock sum.

It is knock (or noise induced). Fine learning KC will pull timing in the region that you have knocked historically. So you will see it pulling timing even when knock sum is static. Feedback KC will pull timing immediately after the knock sum increment and then quickly start adding timing back. I took a quick look at your first log and the way the ecu is reacting to the increments in Knock sum seems normal.

It is looking more like bad gas and less like noise now that I see the log.

Before you make any mechanical or calibration changes, run another tank or tank+ 1/2 of 93 Octane fuel. Sunoco is best if you have access. Stay away from any additives or Octane boosters. After you have flushed he system, we can then start to look at the calibration again. Don't worry about the -4% on the Learning, as this is completely within normal limits. As a calibrator, you always try to tune the MAF with a margin of saftey. In the simplest way to think about it, if the MAF failed, your car would want to run richer, not leaner so we try to have the corrections slightly negative. There is more to it, but you get the idea.

Once you have the gas run through, run another log and we can look it over at that time and delve a little deeper into the Rom if necessary.

J

Archived