LegacyGT.com

Hydrogen Cell

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...hydrogen cell? uhhhh if your talking about those systems that make hydrogen from electrolysis they are complete bull. The conservation law states that you can not make "free" energy. the hydrogen made will drag down your alternator and make useless energy in the form of heat and cause more drag on your engine.

Water/methanol injection is a much more feasible way to add power/lower combustion temperatures and lower emissions as it utilizes waste energy (heat) to boost the overall efficiency of the engine.

I had an idea on on my old dual plug Ford Ranger (it has a second row of plugs which ignite the exhaust charge to help with emissions) to rig up a direct water injection system that injected sometime after the spark event (I think it was 2 or 3 degrees of cam timing) the atomized water would hit the hot combustion event and expand into steam raising cylinder compression, turning the heat into more physical force against the piston. In addition it would have all the benefits of standard water injection, but it could be used for low-load conditions such as cruising (metered out based on engine load demands and fuel curves) Course I am not a fuel system engineer...

Most water injection systems inject into the intake stream which still helps but requires high engine loads and lots of fuel to avoid quenching the combustion event before it starts. Direct injection would allow for more water/meth to be used and if done with perfect precision, an engine would not need or would require a much smaller cooling system, as the temperature could be regulated by the water injection.

How about nuclear?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

...hydrogen cell? uhhhh if your talking about those systems that make hydrogen from electrolysis they are complete bull. The conservation law states that you can not make "free" energy. the hydrogen made will drag down your alternator and make useless energy in the form of heat and cause more drag on your engine.

That's not the setup i'm really talking about. Yes they do have a draw on your alternator, but less than what a sound system is gonna have is wired properly. And they don't produce useless energy, either that or wherever you've looked at the people were idiots when setting it up. When i did landscaping my boss' truck had one, and with a fully loaded trailer, i.e. bobcat, auger bit, etc., we got about 22mpg while the hydrogen cell was running. unfortunately he wired way too complex so kept blowing fuses, and without the cell with the same weight we got maybe 11 mpg.

That's not the setup i'm really talking about. Yes they do have a draw on your alternator, but less than what a sound system is gonna have is wired properly. And they don't produce useless energy, either that or wherever you've looked at the people were idiots when setting it up. When i did landscaping my boss' truck had one, and with a fully loaded trailer, i.e. bobcat, auger bit, etc., we got about 22mpg while the hydrogen cell was running. unfortunately he wired way too complex so kept blowing fuses, and without the cell with the same weight we got maybe 11 mpg.

:lol:

Everyone have your tinfoil hats at the ready?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

was this your boss by chance?

Hahaha at first yes, but through trial and error he and a buddy of mine got it to work pretty efficiently. And for all you sceptics, there are cars using big enough hydrogen cells to run completely off water. i just figured that maybe there was someone in the subaru community that actually thought about saving gas instead of just adding a turbo. XD

Hahaha at first yes, but through trial and error he and a buddy of mine got it to work pretty efficiently. And for all you sceptics, there are cars using big enough hydrogen cells to run completely off water. i just figured that maybe there was someone in the subaru community that actually thought about saving gas instead of just adding a turbo. XD

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Archived