Made my first series of logs today via AP . It was 75 degrees out

How do they look to you guys ?

-2005 legacy gt cobb ots map stage 2

-gt spec headers.

-Avo top mount.

-perrin catless dp.

-ported and polished stock vf40.

-K&N pannel filter.

log number one and three are 3rd gear pulls, log number 2 is a 4th gear pull and the fourth log is just some spirited driving.

Thanks

datalog1.csv

datalog2.csv

datalog3.csv

datalog4.csv

I have heard more than once of people not hitting target boost because of loose vacuum lines, turbo inlet loose/leaking, or intercooler loose/leaking. Zip tie all vacuum lines and tighten up inlet and intercooler all as a percaution. I'm curious to know if that helps.

Boost is a couple psi lower than usual, are you still running the stock up-pipe?

There's some learned knock correction, but not enough to lose sleep over, just keep an eye on it.

Suggested reading:

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6156

the header set up i am running is a one piece header and up pipe.

Thanks for the link there is some good info on the site..

I have heard more than once of people not hitting target boost because of loose vacuum lines, turbo inlet loose/leaking, or intercooler loose/leaking. Zip tie all vacuum lines and tighten up inlet and intercooler all as a percaution. I'm curious to know if that helps.

Agreed on all counts.

Yep, boost looks low, as does WGDC. FWIW, I was never able to hit target boost (17+ psi) with the OEM boost control system. I never switched to a smaller pill, as I had a Prodrive EBCS laying around (picked up cheap.) I run considerably more WGDC on my Prodrive than what you are showing there.

Did exactly as stated, zip tied up all vacuum lines and checked for leaks sure enough there was a noticeable leak from where the throttle body house and intercooler meet.

Here are some logs after the fix.

both 3rd gear pulls at 65*F

datalog5.csv

datalog6.csv

I am COBB stage 2 as well. No cats, drop in, and magnaflow mufflers and I am consistently hitting over 16psi almost 17psi of boost. The only thing I can think of why your boost is a few lbs. off is the top mount. I would be interested to see you put the factory back on and run a few pulls.

You should definitely be hitting 17 on stage 2?

I am doing it on stage 1 with the DP cat removed.

No offense intended, but are you sure you are running the stage 2 map?

Why is the throttle position in log 6 not 100%?

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

I am COBB stage 2 as well. No cats, drop in, and magnaflow mufflers and I am consistently hitting over 16psi almost 17psi of boost. The only thing I can think of why your boost is a few lbs. off is the top mount. I would be interested to see you put the factory back on and run a few pulls.

That does seem like it would cause a diffrence. a larger intercooler should flow more yet wont build up as much pressure. or at least that's my thought... the only other thing i found that could be causing this is there is a small tear in my throttle body hose.I have one on order but in the mean time im going to see what the stock intercooler does.

You should definitely be hitting 17 on stage 2?

I am doing it on stage 1 with the DP cat removed.

No offense intended, but are you sure you are running the stage 2 map?

Why is the throttle position in log 6 not 100%?

Yes i am running a stage 2 map. and im not sure why its not 100% bad log?

I have a Perrin TMIC. Just about the biggest damn TMIC you can get. I have never had issues hitting target boost or at least very close to it, even when it is hot as shit outside. A larger intercooler should not mean you can't hit target boost.

I have a Perrin TMIC. Just about the biggest damn TMIC you can get. I have never had issues hitting target boost or at least very close to it, even when it is hot as shit outside. A larger intercooler should not mean you can't hit target boost.

Just throwing some ideas out there!

So I went out and got a new avo throttle body hose and some t clamps all around. here are some new logs after the fix. it seems my peak boost did go up slightly but more to my concern i noticed a fuel cut while logging my car, under wot and shifting rpms would drop and the car would hesitate?

thanks for all the feed back so far;)

here are the logs both 3rd gear shifting into 4th.

datalog7.csv

datalog8.csv

Archived