LegacyGT.com

Horn Location

HangKen

I have a new horn system to install and thought it was very easy to locate the stock horn.

I could not find where the stock horn was inside the engine bay.

Can anyone tell me where the horn location is, and also what to take off to get to that location?!

Also, is it a 2 horn or 1 horn? and is it 2 plugs or 1 plug?

Thanks!!

BTW it is for the 08 legacy Spec B

:)

OK, I looked at the link and did everything that had to be done to take the bumper off.

However, it still had something holding the bumper and I just don't know what it is.

I took off the 8 (I think) push pins on the bottom of the bumper.

I took the 1 push pins from both side behind the inner fender liner.

That's all to take the bumper off?!

Also, taking the Grill off, total of 4 push pins on the top and how do I get the bottom part off?

I installed the new horn and it sounds and looks nice!

meir motor sports

Well, that's what I am probably looking for....

I don't have a lift or a Jack Stand right now so kinda hard for me to get under to see what it's all about.

Turned the wheel all the way but still did not have enough clearance for me to look inside to find the clip.

Is the clip easy to find and easy to take off?

It's weird...last time I was doing these kinda stuff was my 94 civic and that was loooong time ago, and only needed like 5 screws to take the bumper off...

Now it's like I need to take this and this and this to take the bumper off!!

I guess that's what you have to do when you purchase a better car..hehe

Also, I was thinking about clearing out the head lights also so that's why I need to take the Bumper off.

Oh yea, and your Avatar is Hot!!

icrackedcorn

Oh, that's a great Idea also!

OK, I looked at the link and did everything that had to be done to take the bumper off.

However, it still had something holding the bumper and I just don't know what it is.

I took off the 8 (I think) push pins on the bottom of the bumper.

I took the 1 push pins from both side behind the inner fender liner.

That's all to take the bumper off?!

Also, taking the Grill off, total of 4 push pins on the top and how do I get the bottom part off?

I installed the new horn and it sounds and looks nice!

Lower your car and park over a Home Depot concrete parking lot stopper with an inch of rebar sticking up. As you back away, your bumper will easily come off. That's how I did mine - seriously :lol:

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

sublo

Well, that seems like a...... well, nice plan but I will try to take a look with a jack or something underneath... hehehe.

Thanks for the thoughts !!

meier motor sports

I was thinking there should be couple of clips underneath because it was way too firm for me to take the bumper off.

Do you happen to know what kinda clip it is?

Because I know I couldn't take off the grill either beacuse they had some kinda clip on the bottom side of the clip.

Thanks for your information!

Above the wheel wells there are friction clips holding the bumper in. Once you have removed all the pop its under the vehicle and in the wheel well you have to pull the bumper gently outwards from the wheel well. You'll have to do this from each side. And voila ....

Oh, and don't forget to unclip your foglight harnesses before you start walkin away with the front bumper.

Good luck.

My turn to try to be helpful:

I got to my horns and installed an air horn without taking the bumper off - I took off the stock air box/air intake and installed an air horn after doing the intake silencer removal.

Once you remove the intake silencer, the space between the front fog light and front wheel well is nice and open. I bolted my air horn in here throught the front wheel well (It's worked great for 10,000+ miles now). I just detached the stock horn clips and wired the compressor motor into these.

GHETTO STYLE

Thank you so much everyone!

Seems like I should have sufficient information here to take off the bumper now.

Needless to say that my horn is already installed... It would be a good knowledge if I need to do the air intake or clear the head lights.

The clips annoy the hell out of me beacuse it always seems like it's gonna snap.

Thanks for all your information!! :)

Archived