LegacyGT.com

Hood protector installed, now the hood won't close. HELP

el5y

Hey everyone. I just installed my hood protector and now the hood will not close all the way. I'm about to remove the protector to see if thats the problem but I don't think it is. At anyrate, anybody got any ideas? thanks for your help!

How far away is it from closing? Will it close and just not latch?

If your latch is tripped with your hood open, I can help you out.

Post up some pictures... of the latch, and the engine bay....

Well... it isn't your latch. What you could try doing is loosening the bolts that hold the latch onto the core support and seeing if you can move the latch assembly upwards a little bit.

That being said... I DO NOT have a hood protector installed on my LGT ... so I don't know for sure.

Hopefully someone with an OEM protector such as yours will chime in soon.

Well... it isn't your latch. What you could try doing is loosening the bolts that hold the latch onto the core support and seeing if you can move the latch assembly upwards a little bit.

That being said... I DO NOT have a hood protector installed on my LGT ... so I don't know for sure.

Hopefully someone with an OEM protector such as yours will chime in soon.

Dahh! false hope mccorry! FALSE HOPE!!!! I mean..uh...thanks anyways :):spin: I'm gonna go play around with it some more.

I just didn't want you jumping in there based upon my "guesses".

It won't hurt to try and move the latch a little bit... just make note of the original position, first... so you can put it back if needed.

I just didn't want you jumping in there based upon my "guesses".

It won't hurt to try and move the latch a little bit... just make note of the original position, first... so you can put it back if needed.

Yeah I know. After taking the protector off and trying to close the hood its even difficult for me to close it without letting it "slam" shut. I'm wondering if there is a problem with my latch. I tried loosening the latch and it didn't seem to budge too much. Anyone anyone? please help before it starts to rain.

Eric

i don't think its the hood protector at all. when mine was on the car i had to drop my hood from much higher than i do now with it off. and if i just closed it but not completely latched i coudn't push it down further. drop the hood from 3 feet open and see what happens. you won't damage your car.

Finally! Ok so taking mccorry's suggestion of loosening the latch and moving it upwards as much as possible and unstablementaly's suggestion of dropping it from HIGHER than normal I finally got it to latch. Damn these factory specs and very tight tolerances!. Thanks for both of your help!

Eric

question: why did you buy "said" bug shield?

Looks tacky IMO.

Mainly because my company is moving to a new building by which the only way to get there is where there are a lot of trucks, trees(i.e bugs), and loose gravel on the road. I'm also purchasing rockblocker or some other type of clear front bra to protect the front of the car as well.

Eric

Archived