LegacyGT.com

Homelink Mirror

TPLGT

I just bot a HL mirror off someone on eBay. They said ti was from an 06 Outback and came off his car. When I recevied it and tried to intall it, I noticed the plugs were different. He DID send me pics to show what the back looked like and it looked similar (now I admit I did not remove the exisiting mirror to check). I figured since it was coming from an 06 OB and I have 06 LGT...no problem. So my auto dimming mirror has horizontal 5 pin plug while Homelink mirror has a square 10 pin plug.

Any thoughts?

Can I got ot Subaru and buy the plug for the new mirror and splice it?

Here is what the back of the Homelink mirror has etched in it:

Model ZTVHL3

905-1021

There are some other numbers...DK if they mena anything. Any help is appreciated. Attached is picture of each mirror.

IMG_0508.thumb.jpg.c95a6fac78e97f033156006993dfefb9.jpg

IMG_0509.thumb.jpg.2007a10a164d3776a206f4d8fa51618a.jpg

Rehab is for quitters.

What brand/model is each? they are all different plugs, but the wires are the same. Most of the are gentex and you can see the model stamped on the back gex-xxx

Just do a google search for the wiring diagram for each mirror and splice the cables.

GL

X

---

I'll look. I thought since it came from an OB, it would have the same plug...plug and play...WTF?

I suspect I can just buy the plug from my dealer and splice it? This brings me to another point, I have my V1 hard wired into the existing plug...the wire can only be spliced into certain pins. If it is not, the power can go off....now I will need to find out the new pins as well..

Rehab is for quitters.

So I have the Gentex 453. I found a harness but it's the whole thing...all I need is the plug..it's $25.

I am curous if having to swap the plug is common? I know I have seen a few people sell/buy the HL mirrors on this forum, just curous if it's common to ahve to swap the plug due to adding/removing the Homelink feature.\?

Please chime in for some help...

Rehab is for quitters.

Yes it is common. The pins vary from year to year. I go all the time to the Pull and Pay and get the auto dim/compass mirrors from the junked cars. a lot of them have different plugs. This is how I know about splicing the cables, and the pin outs. But yeah you will need the plug. Even within Subaru they change the models of the mirrors. My 05 was bulkier and different than my 07 is.

This is why is better to either buy almost the same model, or buy it with the plug. This is an accesory after all, and not a Subaru part.

X

---

Thx, brother. I have been scanning through the threads and it seems most people have the same plug. Since this mirror comes out of an 06 (same year as me) , I figured everything would match up. I found a guy online who is hooking me up with the plug.
Rehab is for quitters.

My 05 Gentex Homelink mirror has the square plug like the mirror you bought. Our 03 P5 has a Mito autodim/compass/temp mirror that has the flat plug like your car had. Like the a previous poster said, it is important to get the harness when you buy a mirror.

BTW: The Mito has the light sensor in the windshield mount, the Gentex has it in the mirror.

-- Steve

So I was finally able to get to the bottom of this..I think. I was confused. The HLO mirror kit comes with the plug. I bot the mirror used. So I have sourced a plug and just need to replace the 12" long connector..one end plugs into the harness (under the interior light panel) while the other end obviously plugs into the mirro itself. I have found some instructions for anyone who needs some guidance.
Rehab is for quitters.

Archived