LegacyGT.com

HiFlow Crosspipe VS OEM Crosspipe Dynos

GrimmSpeed

Today i was able to get some numbers for our HiFlow Crosspipe on a 2.0 stage 2 setup. This was about what we expected on this setup... +8whp and +12wtq. Most of the gains are in the mid to high end with just a little bit of a gain down low. This car does NOT have the exhaust manifold collectors ported. The HiFlow Crosspipe has not been coated. With coating i'd guess there would be a little bit quicker spoolup down low vs. the uncoated version that we tested.

Dyno software is DataLogLab. Pulls were taken on the same exact stretch of perfectly flat road at the same time of day(i literally changed the xpipe out in a wal-mart parking lot so i could make sure it was the same temp outside).

Temps were 67F and Humidity was 48%.

Car Specs:

2.0l w/ TD04

GrimmSpeed prototype downpipe

GrimmSpeed Up Pipe

GM BCS

GrimmSpeed HiFlow Crosspipe VS. OEM Crosspipe

+8whp

+12wtq

http://www.grimmspeed.com/Dynos/oem_xpipe_vs_gs_xpipe_road_dyno_plot.jpg

Justin

www.grimmspeed.com

• 11 months later...
nice. I have a Grimm crossover pipe that I wrapped and coated. Can't tell you if it's made a difference since the car's been down since I installed all the parts.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

nice. I have a Grimm crossover pipe that I wrapped and coated. Can't tell you if it's made a difference since the car's been down since I installed all the parts.

Tis' broken or a massive upgrade in process?

nice. cool to see data on a part I have installed (with the ported manifolds...those and the x-pipe coated, and x-pipe wrapped, and OEM heat shields back on the manifolds).

It is always nice to see real data!

Mike

• 1 month later...
would there be any more gains if you added the ported manifold collectors? if so, about how much?

Having the manifolds gaskets matched and ported would definitely get you some more gains. Depending on the car you could expect to see around 10hp. One of the biggest benefits is going to be the gain in down low power and spool up.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Archived