LegacyGT.com

HID's Vs. Stock bulbs

I've heard a lot of people discuss the benefits of HID over stock. Mayby these pictures will help. As you can see the HID lighting (on the left) is far far superior to the stock lighting.

Notice in Picture #1. There is a bright "center spot" on the factory bulb, then dull light all around it. Notice then on the HID system there isn't just one "bright spot". The light is spread evenly throughout the entire lighting area.

In the 2nd shot you'll notice how far out to the left the HID's stretch. Giving a lot sharper cut off point and far better overall lighting then the factory bulb.

the 3rd picture is with both HID's on. And the 4th and 5th pictures show how amazing lighting they actually give. It's 11PM and pitch black in the garage. They give you the impression of daylight. Then the last 2 pictures are just before and after up close shots.

For those of you interested in purchasing an HID system, I hope this helps.

Not to mention, these give off no heat and only takes 35watts.

1677067485_Lighting027.jpg.169fc1326a398d33a82dab41da026cba.jpg

1215179173_Lighting028.jpg.abcb1b1c396a12893a039afbe516fd1e.jpg

158891107_Lighting040.jpg.76e4a7086d28adedd680e84caf22d4cc.jpg

1509366888_Lighting037.jpg.00be17d018a4078ba6cb01b9b006de3c.jpg

1397321678_Lighting038.jpg.725511726564b6cbff029b0f005949b0.jpg

1000640888_Lighting032.jpg.2c7d3ca4c4c495ffe79643a2f91d2d3f.jpg

723596844_Lighting033.jpg.d414501b2b78500dd1aaaa43d32453ed.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think HIDs was the first mod i ever did to the legacy back in march of '05

same here. just took it a little further...

nice to be able to see the road in the rain and helps make the lgt look more like a 30k car

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

This is great info for someone who is 96% committed to buying an LGT in the next 6 months...

Currently, my plan is to do Cobb Sway Bars, Short Shifter/Bushings, Tint, and a 3m ClearBra on the front end as soon as we get the LGT (jeez....that's like $800-900 extra up front)...

Now I'm really starting to think that these $200 kits for HIDs are money well spent. If you don't mind me asking, what's a typical install run for someone who is knowledgeable and has all necessary tools? (Run meaning time spent doing it).

Joe

wow i am sold on it. I am definitely buying the hid's i was on the fence about which ones between the 35w or 55 but 35 seems to be more than enough.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Joe, the first time I did mine HID instal it took me 45 minutes. The second time it took me 15 minutes.

You can see more pics of a comparison between a LEgacy with OEM halogen lights, and mine with HID's here: http://www.deexboy.com/gallery/v/album28/

The aftermarket lights are not as perfect as the retro's, but our OEM projectors do a very good job IMHO.

X

---

I just installed my hid kit in my car on friday last week and I completely agee, best mod I've done for the money. I paid 120$ for a used apexcone kit, great product and an easy install because of kagen's diy write up. I would highly recommend this mod to anybody who does a decent amount of night driving.

Awesome...I've got a great mechanic who charges $40 an hour for work. He does such a nice, clean job of things like this I might pay the $40 just so that each part is perfectly secured and done right. I live in a townhome with no garage, so my work in my parking spot is not as clean or as well supplied as his garage :)

Joe

Is this straight plug and play. I mean, do I have to add a resistor for the brake light or something and doesn't it effect something else. I can't remember what, but something scared me off them a few months back. Maybe something to do with the daytime running lights? Do they still allow DRL. And yes I do want them, my wife currently drives the car the most ( I drive the Avalanche) and she got hit last year and the car was totalled. She is still going to doctors and physical therapy because of it. One reason I bought the suby was safety. The hyundai was nice, but not a suby.

Depends on what year legacy you have. I believe they moved the DRL to the high beams for the 08, so you should still be able to carry DRL's on the 08's. 05-07 you need to disable the DRL's.

X

---

On my car no wire splicing was needed. The bulbs just plug in like the stock ones would. You shouldn't have to do any adjusting. The only little bit of manual labor is drilling a small hole on the back of the plastic cap behind the headlight, so you can fit the bulbs and wiring through. Then you seal the hole after word and you are ready to get these mounted. All that was invovled beside the drilling is removing your battery for room to mount the driver's ballast, remove your stock air box so you have room for the passenger side and thats it. The rest is mounting and plug and play. If you do this mod, do yourself a favor and pick up some surgical gloves from walgreens. I tapped the hid bulb against my hand by accident but I had gloves on, no problem.

Thanks for the pics, but it has been done before.

It helps to do it from further away anyway, and the HID haters won't care no matter what you show them.

X

Yeah. I was tired and didn't feel like taking the car out. If I would have bought the turbo I probably would have been more than happy to take it out:D

Is this straight plug and play. I mean, do I have to add a resistor for the brake light or something and doesn't it effect something else. I can't remember what, but something scared me off them a few months back. Maybe something to do with the daytime running lights? Do they still allow DRL. And yes I do want them, my wife currently drives the car the most ( I drive the Avalanche) and she got hit last year and the car was totalled. She is still going to doctors and physical therapy because of it. One reason I bought the suby was safety. The hyundai was nice, but not a suby.

Not with your car, it's just plug and play. It's so easy to do. The most difficult thing, if you even want to call it difficult is finding a spot to mount the ballast. Everything else plugs right in in about 30 seconds.

Archived