LegacyGT.com

HID Bulb Question

GTLEGACY007

Hey everyone, just wondering what bulb size I should be looking for HIDs for my 05 LGT. What i'm looking for are some plug and play HIDs in both high/low beam. I know the stock bulb size is 9007 for high and H7 for low, guess i'm just confused as to what to order in order to be able to switch from high beam to low beam just as I do now with the stock bulbs. Should I be getting one of each bulb? A 9007 high/low kit? A bi-xenon H7 kit? Which will allow me to have HIDs which function basically exactly the same way as my stocker headlights do? Thanks!

The low beams are h7 like you said but the high beams are 9005. Most people don't go with high beam h.i.d. because they take about 10 seconds to get to full brightness. The most light output would be a h7 6k kit for your lows. Save your money on the highs and buy brighter halogen bulbs. That's my $.02

^ Correct.

Upgrade to HIR for your high-beam application - it'll compliment the HIDs very nicely.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

HIR = Halogen InfraRed. It's an enhanced halogen that runs at a higher temperature, & thus more light, for a given wattage.

As for HID, research temperature/color issues before deciding.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived