LegacyGT.com

Here is myebay $279 shipped in-dash 7" Nav, bluetooth, DVD USB, and SD card review

itsme

I have seen these for sell on Ebay for awhile and I thought it was too good to be true. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180626806115&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT But as time went on I thought about it. Most of these "major brands" don't make their own products. After spending $440 on the JDM double din and JDM hazard button I didn't look forward to spending $700+ on an in-dash NAV.

It works great so far. I tested every feature because this HU is slightly taller then the JDM dd kit. I wanted to make sure everything worked before I trimmed the JDM kit.

I played DVDs and it played great

Bluetooth = connected with phone, it download all of my contacts, made calls worked and sounds good to me and the person I called, streamed music from my cell and sounded great.

Sd/MMC card slot = loaded card and it played sounds from card.

USB = I plugged in usb and viewed pictures

Radio and CD = both worked very well and radio has better reception then stock.

Tv tuner = I didn't have an antenna.

rear camera = I don't have one to test.

Nav= worked well and picked up 9 sat in less then 5 sec and I'm going to mount GPS antenna on dash

remote = I forgot it was in the box and I haven't tried it

ipod compatible = come with cable I just don't have an ipod. I can try my wifes iphone later

5 RCA out including sub but, I can't find were to control sub level and crossover

TV out to run monitors

Overall it is much better then I thought and this is a deal a lot were overlooking. It has all the feature you would pay $700+ in a "Major Brand" in-dash DVD NAV all for $279 shipped. I ordered on the 4/27 and 4/30 Saturday I had my radio. SO far so good. It has a one year warranty so I will have to see how it goes.

Now it sound much better the the stock HU I had running a LC6i LOC with a 4x100w amp powering 4 4-way 6.5" door speakers and a mono amp with a 10" fosgate. Just wanted to let everyone know.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always been curious what the quality of those Chinese double-dins was. That is really awesome that they work well!

Pics?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

So does this come with the nav, bluetooth, dvd, usb. etc. pre-installed? Or do you have to purchase things such as a GPS antenna separately?

Eveything is already included only thing it doesn't have is sat radio. I missed in the install tread that you have to cut a hole to make room for the JDM Hazard. I will do that this morning and get pictures up.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Awesome! Can you post pics of it installed? Thanks for taking the plunge!

Just another way Racer X Engineering is helping the Subaru community.;):lol:

That's a really feature packed unit for the price. I wonder about the screen though. Most of the units that are cheaper are cheaper due to an inferior screen. How is viewing it on a bright day with/without sunglasses?

That's a really feature packed unit for the price. I wonder about the screen though. Most of the units that are cheaper are cheaper due to an inferior screen. How is viewing it on a bright day with/without sunglasses?

The screen looks good to me. I put in Blade 3(a lot of blacks to see contrast) and it looked good. The spec are 800*480 and no it's not as good as my Epic( 4" super amoled screen) Not many come close to me cells screen. It's better then a lot. That are out there and better then my friends kenwood $700 HU and it has more features.

It's can be a problem to see LCDs wth polarized glass. I have not had a problem.

So you'd rate the sound quality much better than stock as well? I just added a sub to my car (2010 with Harman/Kardon) and I'm kind of wishing I had a new head unit to go with it.

Also, how is the start up time on the unit? Any issues with lag?

I've never seen this unit before, but for all those features... $279 is practically stealing it. Interested in more feedback about the GPS.

So you'd rate the sound quality much better than stock as well? I just added a sub to my car (2010 with Harman/Kardon) and I'm kind of wishing I had a new head unit to go with it.

Also, how is the start up time on the unit? Any issues with lag?

I've never seen this unit before, but for all those features... $279 is practically stealing it. Interested in more feedback about the GPS.

I have a '05 LGT so I don't know how the my HU's sound compares to a '10. Here are the pictures.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/DSCN0069.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/DSCN0070.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u156/itsmebryan/DSCN0071.jpg

I have yet to see any lag and it has smooth trasition. I tried to take pictures of Blade 3 but the camera wanted to flash because it mostly at night in the movie.

Here is a youtube link with radio in action. http://youtu.be/lec-1P9lWcU

I don't the 3d sreen rotation I just go direct and it's faster. But you can see for yourself.

how are the eq settings on it?

It has a EQ preset with rock, pop, flat, classical and then the standard bass and treble.

I remembered that I have DVD-a disc Steely dan's Gaucho and Donald Fegan "Night Fly". Since the HU plays DVD I gave it a try and they both sounded clear and detailed. Not the same as my 7.1 7x 135w rms and 1000w Sub but, 100x better then the stock HU with the audiocontrol LC6i.

Definitely thinking about this... I wonder how good/bad their customer service is if you actually have to use the 1 year warranty...

I have no way of knowing. I will hope for the best.

hmm... looks very interesting. In the pics it looks like the bottom of it sits out further than the top, like it's tilted backwards. Is this just from the pics or does it not really fit in the JDM dual din very well?

it fits well enough. It has a slight tilt to it. The lower part where the buttons are sticks out a bit at an angle. You can see that is the pictures in the ad. This is just a post to let everyone know the good adbad about the HU.

Got a question, Is your HVAC functional? I just did my install last night (was excited to install after getting the i88/i85 harness from ae68.com) and I only found a that the connector just illuminates the controls, but not make them functional. I couldn't be happier to have the new stereo functions, but I still need my heat! :) Am I missing from my JDM DD Kit?

Eveything works on mine. I was worried at first because I had an old plug left over that is not used anymore .

The screen looks good to me. I put in Blade 3(a lot of blacks to see contrast) and it looked good. The spec are 800*480 and no it's not as good as my Epic( 4" super amoled screen) Not many come close to me cells screen. It's better then a lot. That are out there and better then my friends kenwood $700 HU and it has more features.

It's can be a problem to see LCDs wth polarized glass. I have not had a problem.

are you talking about me?

Got a question, Is your HVAC functional? I just did my install last night (was excited to install after getting the i88/i85 harness from ae68.com) and I only found a that the connector just illuminates the controls, but not make them functional. I couldn't be happier to have the new stereo functions, but I still need my heat! :) Am I missing from my JDM DD Kit?

Did you follow my directions on the Sticky?

Archived