LegacyGT.com

HELP....What's the deal with the Immobilizer Key

I couldn't be happier as my fiance just bought the limited GT and I love the car. She loves driving my STi but needed a little more luxury while having power also. Anyway, I did a search and looked in the book but I could not find anything so maybe this is an issue with just her car. When she puts the key into the ignition and goes to start it the damn thing never turns over without playing around with it for a minute or two. It usually takes her at least 5-6 times before it starts and I know there is nothing wrong with engine/igntion. For me it seems that if I put the key into the igntion and turn it real quick it works but the weird thing is if the key is in the ignition for like 10-20 seconds and then you go to turn it on it does not work. I know this sounds weird but any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guy's........

Becuase the security system has a rolling key system, maybe the codes in the key and the rolling codes arent matching in the way they should. If the battery thing doesnt help and yr key works fine, go back to the dealer and ask for a PLEASE EXPLAIN???

Strange in a new car, but I'd bet this is either a faulty crank or cam angle sensor - if so the engine check light will come on while you're trying to start and an error code (can't remember what code) will be recorded.

Archived