LegacyGT.com

Help with sway bars

JoeFromPA

Hey all,

I'm thinking about having a Short Shifter installed (we'll see how much I get quoted for....if it 's like $25-30, I'll get it installed, if more, I'll install it myself...just want to save the hassle, get it done right, and now scratch up my interior, lol).

Anywho...

I work about 10 miles from the King of Parts. I thought that I could possibly drop it off one day for such work. And, since they do sway bars as well, I thought maybe I'd include that....though I hear the rear-end sway bar is a piece of cake. how's the front?

Ok, so my real question is: Which sway bars to pick and why?

Cobbs - $380 - Cobb Quality. Hollow and lightweight. Well-balanced. Comes with re-inforced attachments. Most expensive.

Cusco? Perrin?

I've done a ton of reading on these guys and I don't really see a reason to pick one over the other. Cobb seems like the best bet, insofar as resale is concerned, I appreciate the lightweight design, warranty, etc....

Anyway...just looking for some help and advice on picking a set and choosing between self or professional install.

I can: Rotate tires and retorque lugnuts, perform oil changes, and do tune-up work :)....and essentially, I have the tools needed to perform those things and not much else!

Joe

Installing the front is no harder than the rear. The whole process is a little time consuming, but it's nothing difficult. Everything bolts right up and the worst part is figuring wear to put the wrench to get everything torqued down. The process would be a breeze with air tools.

You can check out the instructions to make sure you have the proper tools and the install isn't more work than you want to do.

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/images/LGT%20Sway%20bar%20install%20%282005-2007%29.pdf

I choose the cobb sways because I wanted a front and rear set, they came with reinforcement brackets, and I knew they were a quality product that would fit.

Archived