LegacyGT.com

help..should i go with this setup??

NYCdob

Time for exhaust upgrade and finally going stage 2 ... after too much searching and too much indecision and fitting most into my budget I got this list... should I pull the trigger?? am i making any mistakes??

You guys are the final part of my research and choice... nothing like the people using the stuff out there so i value your opinions thanks.

Megan Racing headers w up pipe

Cobb cat DP

Megan Racing single tip CBE

(Going to heat wrap the headers and DP)

Accessport v3 and Cobb Boost control solenoid

on the headers...i see 50/50 feedback on these.. should i just go UP pipe and stock headers?? I like idea of complete exhaust

need the sound to be mellow for daily drive and wife... and in NY inspection.. that why catted DP... but was thinking with the silencers in the MR CBE will going catless still be not annoying?? will Accessport make me pass inspection in NY? Is catless better than Cat?? (I know the $$ looks alot better!!)

I wouldn't waste the money on the Megan Headers, the flex pipe will not last in NY with their salt use. Just my .02...

Also, the accessport (from what I know) will not have a tune for a complete headers back setup, a custom tune would be better for that set up.

My thinking was that its only costing me $100 more than the up pipe to have header and up pipe.

But is that flex pipe is that bad?? maybe just stick with up pipe on stock headers.

skip the headers you wont see big gains if any with UEL, i dont have any and dont plan to get any as my stage 2 setup doesnt need it.

A pnp mod is something you could look into.

The Cobb dp is very good but pricey. There are a few dps that can be purchased cheaper than a Cobb dp if your trying to save some $$$. My current dp is a catless invidia dp and i have to say i love it. Very loud though.

Not much difference between a catted and non catted, just a few ponies when tuned.

For uppipe any thing works, if your never going to go ewg a stock sti uppipe or newer lgt 2007+ work as they dont have cats but an air pump.

On the solenoid i cant give you a legit answer but i do know that you need a tune if you are going to run a ebcs. Most tuners say you don't need one for a stage 2 tune as it doesnt make as big of a difference as it does on stage 3 and up. There should be someone that can chim in to give you a better description

I would just be worried about passing inspection in NYS with the catless, but I'm not sure if you can trick the computer with a resistor or something like that.

I think the accessport will get a catless past NY inspections... Anyone know for sure??

your DD should have a catted DP

Yea that's what I thought but with $300 difference u can't help question it... Needed to hear it from someone else other than the voices in my head arguing... Thanks.

I'm hoping the Megan single tip CBE is good system and that the silencers give me options with sound.

My spec b is my dd and its catless. But when I ran it with cobb ap it didn't run as good as I'd like so I got rid of AP and went with a tuner.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Are u saying u think it was because u went catless or just the AP in general didn't work the way u wanted it to??

I'm guessing that since Cobb only makes DP w cat and they make the AP stage 2 map that map is made w a cat DP... The big reason I'm going w Cobb DP is because its their AP and stage 2 map... Safe choice for DP out of all the options out there.

Yea there are too many to choose from that's why I went Cobb... Keep it in the same family. I originaly wanted Invidia divorced but a friend that has a shop said the bell mouth is the better option for my setup.

Who knows... Ask 100 people get 100 different answers with this stuff. I just hope I get the best performance, right comfortable sound and not have to chase problems after getting it set, like needing custom tune to run right or leaks or fitment issues.

I hear ya... I am installing lightweight crank pulley and have an intake already. I also wanted to install turbo inlet while doing this work... Think I will be running into same issues as u with tune?

so what's your target here? seems like you're all over the place. Stage 2 is dp, up & a tune. Honestly, that's alot of bang for the buck. More than that, and you should be looking at suspension & brake upgrades.

Skip the headers unless the oem are in really bad shape. Likewise the intake. The OEM intake is very good and the last part you should change out.

A catted dp passes emissions easier and has less smell. The mouth on the cat matters little unless you are tuning for the last bit of horsepower (think upgraded turbo).

CBE - invidia has a good rep. Also check out nameless, as they have several really nice setups.

Ny state just passed way stricter car laws. Almost no shops in ny will install non oem cats or remove any cats. My local tuner won't install anymore down pipes or up pipes unless you trailer your car to him But he will tune them if they were already installed.

Thankfully iam friends with a couple of guys who are good mechanics and don't really care as long as there's no lights

Bought the car new in 05 and added little as I went... Intake, rims and tires... And as stock stuff goes bad I upgrade. Needed timing belt/water pump so threw in lightweight crank pulley...Installed BC BR coilovers when shocks went and now the exhaust fell apart so gona put in performance system.

Stage 2 was always top of my list to get to and now its gona happen. But being a gearhead I'm seeing opportunity to do more than what "stage 2" needs... I see chance to get headers at great price and while turbo is apart might as well install a nice inlet pipe so paired with my intake the air has best flow from filter to turbo and exhaust has best flow all the way from engine to exit.

Cobb AP gives me tune capability and they have a PnP upgraded boost control solenoid, figured that's a good pair... although not necessary, Looks like Cobb made it that to go with AP better than stock one.

I have worked on cars my whole life but mostly American muscle like old mustang and rule there is more free u flow air the better the power. So stage 2 is what I wanted but if I can get few more parts on right now and get little more power out of her why not? I'm learning from you guys that going past stage 2 with parts means stage 2 map ain't gona work and I have to get map made for that setup. But if that's not the case and I'm not going to get more power from the more parts past stage 2 then I guess i'll just drop them from the list and keep it simple??

This is why I love this site and the community here... I bee on here listening to advice since 2005 when I took first test drive....

Thank you to all you nut job fanatics for spending way too much time on this forum... Its not going to waste hahaha

Ny state just passed way stricter car laws. Almost no shops in ny will install non oem cats or remove any cats. My local tuner won't install anymore down pipes or up pipes unless you trailer your car to him But he will tune them if they were already installed.

Thankfully iam friends with a couple of guys who are good mechanics and don't really care as long as there's no lights

yea I got that covered too... No light no fail ... So AP will keep me passing if I go with no cats from what I understand?? Still think I'm gona do the catted DP... Sound and comfort Being the reason

The Ap worked but wasn't worth it to me as I had other mods done that require another tune

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

But the new one has all those cool little flashy things on the screen.... How could u say no?!?!?! LOL

I know your right about DP UP CBE and AP call it a day ... But there s that damn voice inside me saying "GET MORE STUFF!!!! Even its just for more boxes to open fun its hella worth it!!!"... U know that voice... It's the one that makes it so frickin hard to make final decision and not spend every penny LOL

Archived