LegacyGT.com

Help reading

Hepy117

I logged a couple pulls and I was hoping someone could help me interpret. Attached is my learning view and my log (2 pulls in the log separated by empty cells.)

In my learning view there is an instance where it is >5% and one where it is close to >5%. My IAM is 1.0 for both pulls so I don't know what to think.

I have read through all of the tuning guides on romraider but if anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

I am completely stock right now besides a CBE. I want to get to know logging/tuning better before I go stage 2.

Logs.csv

1311578725_LearningView_SS_2-13-201255939PM.jpg.f2b6ddccf9940bcc864ce8ec70e2aeeb.jpg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have another question. I just logged another pull and this time my knock sum is 31. What could have went wrong?

Edit: Nevermind I read more on knock sum and realized what was actually happening. Since it didn't change during my log I should be fine..correct? The knock sum of 31 was probably from an earlier event (such as idling) which I read is a cause of what the engine thinks is a knock

The learning view is for AFR's in closed loop fueling (cruising and such), you need a wideband to confirm your afr's at WOT.

The knock sensor is just a microphone listening for a certain frequency. When you drive around town, stuff around the engine bay moves around and creates noise which the knock sensor could interpret as knock. Most cars have their ECU ignore knock under a certain load or rpm. The knock sum is just a counter so if it sees knock, it goes up. I get knock pulling out of my driveway. Its nothing. You want to look for knock at higher loads such as WOT.

I have a quick question. I used air boy's spreadsheet to plot my dyno chart. Now on 2 separate occasions, (2 separate nights, 3rd gear, same location, only a few degrees difference) I am getting a max of 230 and 226hp? Now supposedly my car stock has 250hp (at the crank therefore 200whp). The only mod on my car has is a CBE, but is still on the stock map. Does this make sense? Here are the 2 spreadsheets.

File name: Log Inter 2-13 616 3rd.xlsm File size: 1010.78 KB

File name: Log Inter 2-14 632 3rd.xlsm File size: 999.6 KB

1) I don't believe airboy's sheet has your vehicle listed. If you picked a 2006 LGT, the gear ratios are wrong. Unless he came out with a newer sheet, or you plugged your gear ratio into it by hand. If you picked an 06 LGT (3rd gear), the ratio is 1.296. For a 6MT, 3rd is 1.521, which is shorter and has better acceleration. Unsure what your final drive ratio is though.

2) Even if you did plug it in, airboy's just a reference. It's all relative, just like with actual dyno figures. If you make a modification and you re-log and plot the data (or use an actual dyno) and you see that your figures improved, then you can tell that your modification helped. It's more of a benchmark... don't get too caught up with the numbers.

If you check out the accel page (the one with the dyne graph) I added an 07 Spec B's info 3515lbs, 25.62 wheel diameter, 1.521 for the 3rd gear ratio, 3.9 for the final drive, 77.83 engine to speed, and then used the same cry,cd and area as the rest of the table.

Thanks for the help though. I am going to pull the tune off the ECU and check and make sure it is actually the stock tune this weekend. I bought the car in Nov and the guy told me it was all stock (performance wise), but I guess I can't be so sure he was correct

I didn't bother downloading your airboy sheets. I hate time delayed file hosting services.

Just looked at the log you posted again in the first post. What gear did you do that in? Because it doesn't look like third at a glance, but I didn't plot it out either. You never boost above 7psi. Can't really say if everything is okay just from looking at that, although your LV looks clean but the load columns look weird.

I don't know if the 07+ ECU's came with the load columns like that but the last column is entirely useless, and both of the 4th column is useless too.

edit: I downloaded your first airboy sheet. It shows boost capping out at 6 psi. You have problems if that's your third gear. Possibly a boost leak. I wouldn't be concerned about your HP figures right now. Your car must feel like a snail right now.

edit 2: aaaaaaaaand this is why I hate file hosting services. I have to wait 600 seconds to get your second airboy sheet. Here, I rehosted your first one for you although it's not really relevant anymore. We're more concerned with just getting a datalog and figuring out where all your boost went.

http://www.crimetank.com/misc/Log Inter 2-13 616 3rd.xlsm

edit 3: not that it matters NOW but the log in your first airboy sheet link doesn't even have throttle open angle in it. you can't plot the data that you have in there as it is. i looked at your second airboy sheet (which does have throttle) and plotted stuff out. interesting. your MRP (boost) follows your target boost plot properly. maybe you are boosting properly but the MRP parameter isn't logging right or reading consistently too low or something. try logging MRP (4-byte) instead.

edit 4: rehosted your second file:

http://www.crimetank.com/misc/Log Inter 2-14 632 3rd.xlsm

Invar, here are 2 logs, one is in 3rd gear and the other is in 4th gear. According to the 4byte MRP I'm hitting 12psi, but according to the other MRP I'm not even hitting 7psi on either log.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqyb7dV8je9mdGUxcXQ2VUhqM2lhcXpZZDdRdk10M2c

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqyb7dV8je9mdE5MaWRWLVdBODZBelBGVU1xRU00M1E

• Mega Users

Looks like a stock map to me. Only pay attention to the 4byte MRP. That's the correct one to use. I don't know why you aren't breaking 13psi though. It should be consistently hitting around 13.5 during a pull.

Also, don't worry about the idle fuel trim. It doesn't really affect anything. It's not that far off, so not an issue. It's the 40+ that is really important. I've found that the 0-5.60 fuel trim is completely useless and varies a lot. I changed it so the fuel trims are 0-10, 10-20, 20-40, 40+.

Log looks clean! Like seabass said, use MRP 4byte. That's straight off the ECU. Dunno why the other MRP doesn't work right... looks to be consistently 6PSI lower than what it actually is.

Seabass, it looks to be that his WGDC is being capped out either by the MaxWGDC table or the turbo dynamics limits... this would be one of the things that a nice stage 1 tune would "fix" easily.

I wouldn't worry about not hitting 13psi. You're perfectly safe the way you are. If you're looking to tweak things, that would be one of the places you can work on. BTW, if you care about your car at all, in the future don't go WOT in 4th starting from 1600 RPM. ;)

I was looking into loading mickey's stage 1 tune off romraider's forum. It's for an 08 Spec B with ACN91 and I always run 93oct so I think I will be ok. The only thing is is I am not 100% on changing a tune if something is wrong with the log.

I never usually go WOT in 4th that low. I hardly ever even go WOT at all. Only for log gin

That's not the right map for you to start with.

This is:

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3184

And it requires a lot of tweaking. You can not use mickeyd's maps as they are without tweaking and revising.

edit: OH CRAP. I"m sorry, I'm getting confused between threads... your car is a 2007, you had the right map to start with. APOLOGIES!!

• Mega Users

I think I've changed my mind about you not hitting your target boost. The fact that the wastegate duty is pegged at max the entire pull and you are still not hitting target means something isn't right. Any chance of an exhaust leak? I think if you had a boost leak, the fuel trims would show it. It's definitely nothing dangerous, just losing a bit of power.

Just for comparison, I was hitting target boost on the stock map with around 50-60 wastegate duty.

Won't know for sure until he logs TD Int, TD Prop and Boost Error but perhaps you're right... Now that I think about it, unless his map is wonky (it shouldn't be if it's stock), he should be able to hit target at least in 4th.

For reference, a log from back in 2009, when I was bone stock, using Cobb's "stock" style map (NOT stage 1).

(Yes, I was a complete noob back then, I had no idea how to log... that's why my logs have so much junk in them, lol.)

edit: Bear in mind he has a 2007 though, not an 05 like us. Different turbo, different WGDC needed, etc...

day 2 - stock map 3rd wot (run 1).csv

day 2 - stock map 3rd wot (run 2).csv

• Mega Users
Definitely do some logs with boost error and TD int/prop. Your wgdc is significantly higher than the max wgdc in your stock map. I think it would be a good idea to read the rom and see if it's different than what it should be. But it looks to me like the ecu is maxing everything it possibly can out to hit target boost and it's still not making it.

Does that mean something is wrong mechanically? I am goin to go log a run and post it up here. I wanted to thank you guys for taking time to help me out. Hopefully after I read more heavily into tweaking I should be able to get this on my own

I'm actually not sure if you should be logging in 3rd or 4th. I think either should be acceptable... 3rd should generate enough load for you to be hitting target boost. Load up your ROM in RR and see what your boost table looks like. Your datalog shows target boost at 14+.... I didn't realize your year car had targets that high stock.

edit:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/spec-b-boost-psi-74165.html?p=1511542

^^^Correct, 07s (Spec-B and GT) are running more boost stock. Already covered that

Archived