LegacyGT.com

Help Programming Remotes!!

carman493

I know this isn't exactly the best place to post this, but I need help and no one is responding in the maintenance etc section.

I have two remotes for my dad's Outback XT Ltd, and I need to program them, anyone know how to do this?

Anyone know how to program the garage door openers on the upgrade mirror? thanks in advance for the help:)

if your refering to te key fob remotes for the car... then you have to have the dealer do them if the key has the chip in them.. if the key has no chip then you can do on your own.. dont know about the garage door opener

Got Torque ?

Thanks, sorry I didnt understand what you meant. Ill try to do it myself with that link, otherwise to the dealer we go...thanks a bunch guys, no one was responding in the other sections, i knew i could count on us northeast guys, we rock!:)

if can consider toronto, Canada as part of the northeast, then sure, we rock!!!

hey, its north and east of most of the us, right? it counts lol...even though you're a "damn canadian" please sense the sarcasm here. Ever see the movie Canadian Bacon? lol

it wont help if you buy them at keylessride.com...... if your key has the chip in it. you must have the dealer do it... i bought 2 from ebay since mine didnt come with any.. i bought my car used... took it to the stealership and they did it for free because they screwed up something else... im not sure if they would normally do it for free or if there would be a charge

Got Torque ?

• 2 weeks later...
i did! he won't listen! he's just an alternate to your local dealer. he maybe cheaper, he maybe more expensive! i'm just giving you a choice that you may not know you have. FYI, he would be cheaper for me (being I'm from Canada) compared to our local dealer ($150 CDN @ the dealer vs. $75 USD + shipping). And I don't think shipping should cost too much. Anyways, it's up to you whether to deal with my cousin or not. I won't be offended, I promise.

if can consider toronto, Canada as part of the northeast, then sure, we rock!!!

My brother-in-law lives in Alymer, Ont and people in Boston are always amazed to learn that he is only 15 miles North of Boston. But it's nearly 500 miles West, as I recall: most New Englanders think the Northeast stop sat the NY border.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• 4 weeks later...

Open the drivers door, sit in seat, close door.

Cycle the key from the off to acc postion ten times within 15 seconds, the horn will honk twice.

Hold down lock or unlock button for three seconds, remove the key from the ignition to see if it has worked.

Should be in the owners manual with pics.

Open the drivers door, sit in seat, close door.

Cycle the key from the off to acc postion ten times within 15 seconds, the horn will honk twice.

Hold down lock or unlock button for three seconds, remove the key from the ignition to see if it has worked.

Should be in the owners manual with pics.

This procedure dosnt work for cars that come with keys that have the imoblizer chip in them.

Got Torque ?

Archived