LegacyGT.com

Help me choose the best snow resorts in Utah

peteyjr

Booked for a snowboard trip to Utah in March (13-18) basically have 5 days of boarding. Staying in the Ramada in SLC . Got some special room and ski package. only problem is they are limited to three (actually four spots in the package: Brighten, snowbird and solitude (Alta is out for boarders). I left two days open to hit 1)Park city, 2) Canyons and 3) Powmow ,which is the most intrigueing to me. Could do 5 different areas or go twice to one area. Help me decide which are the best places. I am an intermmediate boarder and can hold my own but I'm too old for halfpipes and big air.

If you want an all mountain resort, Pow mow and Snowbird. I myself ride Brighton and The canyons, Solitude is good if there's new snow, if not i wouldn't ride there. The Canyons is super fun and BIG! They have a good park, if your into that? I grew up riding Brighton, so its my spot. Brighton has good backcountry, and there park is fun, the only = with Brighton is there runs are pretty short.

So i would roll to,

Brighton

The Canyons

Snowbird

Pow Mow

If snow is good Solitude

Park city, can be fun also haha..

Oh, and Powder Mountain is about an hour and a half drive from Salt Lake City.

• 1 month later...
Fark, I'm a day away from arriving but the forecast brings rain ?(WTF). is that just at lower elevations? What I am in for here? Are there area's with higher elevation that have more snow than rain?

Heading back home after a great trip. Thanks everyone for the tips and suggestions. Had an awesome day at powmow on Thursday with 6-8 inches of powder all day. Also had really good days at Solitude and Brighton as well. Never seen so many Subies in my life. One day saw three Legacys in front of me (two LGT's one N/a) . Its a novelty to find other LGT 'ers back home in Fla. I'm sure I saw a few on this board. I have a really cool Gopro vid I will share when I get a chance to upload it.

I've said it many times, no matter how maay times I got clipped and booted from brighton I still enjoyed it. But I agree with Chad beer is a priority

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

Just uploaded a vid of snowboarding on Powder Mountain On Thursaday. Its a little long but pretty cool with a pole cam view with the GoPro hero

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phzx5Z3WSj4&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - Powder mountain 3/17/11[/ame]

Archived