LegacyGT.com

help me check engine light is back

Any one who is even willing to read this THANKYOU

so here is the story I have drove a 92 L 5MT 2.2L FWD then it was time to get a new car after a year and I got a 99 LGT 5MT 2.4L AWD drove it for a week and had problems

First had blown head gasket and got the gasket kit and replaced everything with that and while the engine was out I replaced the water pump and replaced the clutch

drove it for another week and check engine light came on and had pistons 3 and 4 misfire and had bad sensor of some kind (don’t remember) then fixed both problems by just cleaning up the ends of the starting coil and the end of the sensor with a wire wheel which worked fine

Then drove the car for a night and ripped the sidewall of the tire after hitting a pot hole. took the car in for inspection and found out it had a cracked y pipe so I ordered borla headers and put them on and everything was running fine took the car in for inspection and passed

Now just as I’m driving up to visit my gf at Kutztown my check engine light came on again. I was going an easy 80 mph and nothing felt or sounded weird. then about the last 1/3 of the trip (1hr trip) the pedal for the clutch started sticking to the ground it still released enough to let me dive it in gear (this has happened before and nothing bad resulted so I ignored it)and every time I pushed the clutch in I would pull it back out with my foot (the clutch is a hydraulic release and not a sprig...if that is the correct terminology???) so I am at a loss at what is wrong with my car...

Plz help really thinking about going back to driving the 92 because I loved that car.

I don’t know about everyone else who drives an older Legacy but the 92 for me still feels faster than my 99 unless I'm just not used to the 99 yet idk

Any questions just ask away

#1 Please fix your spelling and separate it into paragraphs, it is difficult to read.

#2 Most likely it is a 2.5l. Your 92 is probably much lighter than the 99 along with some other differences.

#3 Why didn't you return the car or something(?) unless all this happened outside the lemon law period.

#3 http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2041&highlight=clutch

#4 Sorry to hear about all the problems.

Compression problems could cause a misfire, as could spark plug fouling. Yank them and check their condition, as well as do a compression check on the cylinders. You might still have coolant/oil getting into the cylinders causing a misfire.

Double check your camshaft timing marks and make sure you're not off, as well as all the connections for the spark plugs/wires/coils.

• 2 weeks later...
i cleared the CEL by dissconecting the batery to do a little test it seems that the misfire is only a high mph problem around 70mph I have not taken it above 60 yet for a week and it hasnt appered yet

Archived