LegacyGT.com

HELP with Kartboy endlink install

doccrowley

Looking for help with Kartboy endlink install with my new REAR whiteline swaybar.

I can't seem to get both bolts started at once due to the extreme angle differences from sway to car. There is no articulation in my Kartboy's like there was in the stock endlinks. One angles very differently from the other.

Suggestions for install tips and tricks?

thanks.

Really get under the endlink while someone else is holding the sway bar down, but not bending it. This way you should be able to push the bolt through. Kind of like using the scissor jack with the rear shocks but opposite since you need something to push the sway bar down

• 2 weeks later...

My car was a freak and could not use KB endlinks on the rear no matter the attempts to load or unload suspension. My rear control arms have inboard facing mounting surfaces and my whiteline sways have an outboard facing surface. I needed an endlink that would swivel in the middle or at least pivot like the stocker would for the two mounting surfaces to somewhat approximate each other for install.

I ran the stocker for a week while I waited for a Whiteline adjustable to show up. I have approx 6 degrees of rotation in the middle for me to get sway to mount to control arm. Freakish according to my mechanic, RallySportdirect.com staffer who owns a legGT and used KB endlinks with Whiteline sways on his personal vehicle and in addition consultation with MSprank.

I may have a freakish Whiteline sway, wouldn't surprise me. The front showed up with Impreza bushings at first and wouldn't work and distributor was difficult to do the work to get me the leg bushings instead.

Right there with you doc, my whiteline has the same outboard facing mounting while the control arm is inboard. I would have to twist the heck out of the kartboys to get them to line up.

I got it used from someone who was using the stocker mounts so he wouldn't have had those problems. Guess i'll be getting different end-links too :( Really wanted to use the kartboys but I can't see how it wouldn't bind like mad.

Semiata, I did have it on ramps.

I've done the Whiteline sway/Kartboy install on two Legacy Wagons and one WRX now. All three were done on a lift with the suspension decompressed.

In each of the three installs, I had to use a small file to remove the powder coating from the inside of the sway bar mounting holes because the powder coat made the hole too small. Also, in each of the three installs, the angle of the bolts and links when compared to the sway bar mounts were severe and looked terrible until the car was put back on the ground.

I'm glad to say that all three have resulted very happy owners (myself included). It takes a bit of work, but well worth it.

• 4 weeks later...
This scares me. I have a whitline 20mm rear with kartboy endlinks and avo reinforcement brackets waiting in my garage to be installed right now. I have a buddy of mine comming over this weekend to install with some ramps to load the suspension. But from reading this am thinking I may need to take it to a wrench it center to use their lifts.

Hey figured I would report back... I just did the whiteline BAR/kartboy endlinks /avo bracket install yesterday. After 3 hours of struggling with rust and waiting for penetrating oil to work... SUCCESS! got everything installed just fine. Used ramps and that it! All I can say is what has been said before... The install is well worth it. Such tight handling now!

OH, btw thought this would be helpful, if you know your not going to reuse the stock endlinks just cut them in half with a dremel. It's ten times easier to remove the endlinks since there's no tension on them any more and theyll come out easily.

Just to verify something....Are your bolts facing the same direction, ie. are the nuts on the same sides (Towards the wheels)?

To make sure... is this question directed at me or is it to DOC? but either way to answer yes they face the same way just like the stock rear endlinks. I used ramps which seemed to help because in looking under the car when on flat ground would have never be able to do it.

yea when we got to that point I did the same thing...haha did not want to screw myself and have to do it all over... The hardest part was those freaking bolts on the dif where we installed the AVO reinforcement brackets... those were a biotch! but now they are on and it is worth it!

Now All i really need is a fast car to compliment the suspension.... lol

• 2 weeks later...
hmm. Mine do not squeak at all... but After about 100 miles of driving on them i put the car back on the ramps and tightned the nuts again quite a bit. They seem to come loose over time so I plan on throwing some blue (removeable) threadlocker on em next time i tighten them so I can be done with it...

Just wondering...How much are they endlinks supposed to squeak (Kartboys). Mine squeak over every tiny bump lol

are u sure its your endlinks? try tightening it. if its your sway bar you may need more grease on the brushings

I never had an issue with mine, however my buddy just installed them on his WRX with a Whiteline sway (F & R). They squeeked and clunked around corners and on bumps. We took it apart and greased up everything really well. Silent as a flea now.

Archived