LegacyGT.com

Help! CEL

I have been having problems with my cel and blinking cruise control light. Hereis a thread of my problem but thats not the issue. Then I thought it was b/c I was over filling the gas, but thats not the problem.

I went to autozone and check it and I got these codes: P2004, P2005, P2009.

P2004 Intake manifold runner stuck open control bank 1

P2005 Intake manifold runner stuck open control bank 2

P2009 Intake manifold runner control bank 1 circiut low

If this was the whole problem before why didn't the dealer catch it the first time? What caused this problem?

I have AVO panel air filter, and AVO BOV. Could the AVO products be causing this problem?

This problem comes and goes. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I am going to take the car in on Friday, my only day off.

BTW, the lgt still runs like theres no problem.

Thanks

Vic

No boost control, only a filter and avo bov. On the bov there is only one hose and it is on good. When I take in the car, should I put the stock parts back on just in case of the warrenty? I don't want to void it.

Google to the rescue, from http://www.drive.subaru.com/Win03_Manifold.htm here is the what :

Selected Subaru models feature an intake that “tumbles” the incoming air on purpose. This is the case with the high-performance Impreza WRX. Its intake includes tumble generator valves directly above the fuel injectors. When the engine is at idle, these valves close and bypass the incoming airflow through a passage to increase the swirl of the air/fuel mixture, resulting in an engine that operates more cleanly. Other benefits include easier cold starts, reduced emissions and efficient low-speed operation.

and the where :

http://www.drive.subaru.com/Win03/Win03_Manifold/Engine_Idle.jpg

I keed I keeed

off subject..but is that AVO bov really worth the money...is it noticeable? Like if you passed me on the 4 lane..would i hear it?

If you want to waste money on a sound mod, it is worth it. But, if it is causing all these problem it is not worth it. You might be able to hear it from a 4 lane passing, if you have your window down and no radio on.

ok, back to subject, HELP!

The dealer can directly attribute the AVO Bov to the failure of the tumble valves, because it is on the intake tract of the engine, and I would take a guess that the BOV did cause the problem. If you look at how the tumble valve opens in this pic:

http://www.drive.subaru.com/Win03/Win03_Manifold/Engine_NoIdle.jpg

and since the BOV is 50/50 and not 100, what may have happened is under high boost and when you let off the gas, the BOV created too much vacuum that may have resulted in opening the tumble valve without the ECU actually actuating it and therefore it threw the code saying that the valves are stuck open:

P2004 Intake manifold runner stuck open control bank 1

P2005 Intake manifold runner stuck open control bank 2

I consider removing the AVO BOV and going to the dealer to have it repaired under warranty underhanded and ultimately fraudaulent.

Here is what you should do:

- Go in with the AVO BOV installed

- Tell dealer you have the aftermarket BOV

- Inform him of CEL

- Tell him that if they investigate and find that the BOV is the problem, which it probably is, that you will pay the diagnostic fee for the investigation and for the repairs

You pay to play.

I keed I keeed

Or set the AVO BOV to 100% recirc, and make sure it is completely seated on the TMIC. If that doesn't work, then put the stock BOV back on and check again.

You may also want to try disconnecting the battery during this process, to clear the ECU codes, and see if they get thrown again, just to be sure you aren't seeing old codes when the problem might actually be fixed.

If ultimately, that doesn't work, then take the car, AND the AVO BOV to the dealer, disclose your mod, and the steps you have taken to diagnose, what happened through the process, and see what they say.

Chances are, if it is a BOV problem, it will likely be solved before you have to go do the dealer. If it is not solved, then it may not be a BOV problem at all.

Or set the AVO BOV to 100% recirc, and make sure it is completely seated on the TMIC. If that doesn't work, then put the stock BOV back on and check again.

You may also want to try disconnecting the battery during this process, to clear the ECU codes, and see if they get thrown again, just to be sure you aren't seeing old codes when the problem might actually be fixed.

If ultimately, that doesn't work, then take the car, AND the AVO BOV to the dealer, disclose your mod, and the steps you have taken to diagnose, what happened through the process, and see what they say.

Chances are, if it is a BOV problem, it will likely be solved before you have to go do the dealer. If it is not solved, then it may not be a BOV problem at all.

Yeah, try that first.

But then you have 2 choices:

- Clear CELs, set BOV to 100% recirc and hope it doesn't happen again, and if it does happen again unknown damage may have been caused in the tumble valve system since it wasn't investigated and determined to be a temp/perm fault earlier.

- Goto dealer to investigate the potential problem and detemine what the root cause is since they have the equipment todo that, if something is broken you can get it fixed, you would learn what the root cause is and avoid any damage in the future by not repeating the root cause.

or more briefly:

- Ignore alert, try something different, hope it doesn't happen again and pay dearly when it does happen again

- Find root cause, catch problem early, fix if needed and learn a lesson

I keed I keeed

Ok, well I remember me disabling the chime noise for the seatbelt by click in and unclicking it out 4 times. Later that day the lights went on. So the next day I said let me disable it again by doing the click unckick way again, I hope you know what I mean. I did it, turned the car off, then turn it on and no more lights.

I dont know if theres a glitch or something but the car always runs great.

Im in a hurry right now, I will explain more later.

Sorry

Vic

I think I would still take off the BOV and see if you an recreate the problem or just take it to the $tealer$hip. I have a hard time believing that the seatbelt chime disabling is what triggered or corrected those error codes.

The BOV should have no impact on the tumbler valve at all. However, SOA can be known to be mod-unfriendly, and the 20 mins it takes to swap out the BOV to stock is probably worth the potential exasparation from trying to explain that the BOV is not the cause of your issues. Better to be safe than sorry.

thank god for this website!!!

just learned that I can read the CEL code by connecting the two white plugs within the fusebox.

so now i know the error code - P1446 Fuel tank Sensor Control Valve Circuit Low.

can anyone translate this into English for Dummies???

basically I just unmarried my AccessPort from my 05 LGT LTD using the Revert to Stock option, but now i'm getting this P1446 error. I was supposed to take it in for routine maintenance this morning but due to the CEL and blinking Cruise light I assumed the AccessPort f'd things up so cancelled.

Can someone tell me what "Fuel tank Sensor Control Valve Circuit Low" means and is there a way I can fix it before taking it to the dealer?

many thanks in advance and sorry for "hijacking" this thread but it seemed like the ideal spot to post my plea for help. :redface:

• 3 months later...

Archived