LegacyGT.com

Help... Car towed this morning

sportwagon

I left my car on W. Broadway in Southie last night and missed the sign stating street cleaning on Tuesday morning! F *%#'n Sh*t!!!

I've cooled down since 8:00am this morning when I discovered it gone!

My questions now are...

How do I know if they towed it with a flat bed?

If they didn't are they responsible for doing so?

How do I detect damage done to the AWD if it was towed by a non-flatbed?

The car is lowered with a front lip spoiler, do you think it is still there?

I've had horrible thoughts going through my mind all day that when I go to the impound in Dorchester that the car is going to be all F#%*'d up and the front bumper or something is going to be gone or something... and they are going to say they are not responsible for it!!!

Please... this sucks!

Most locales(not sure about where your at) have a tow slip and list the vehicle used to tow a car.

Tow companies are generally knowledgeable about proper techniques and well aware of AWD.

Hope for the best I think it will be fine.

I would go inspect the car at the impound. If it is not exactly like it was before, tell them you will return after speaking to an attorney. I'm guessing once you pay for the car back and drive it home, it would be hard to prove they damaged it.

Or better yet, call an attorney now and ask these questions!

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Hello,

The car was towed by a flatbed... there was no damage to the front lip but there were scratches on the passenger side of the rear bumper (on the side) that went about 1 foot to 1 1/2 feet along the middle of the bumper close to the mud flap.

The scratches are minor but deep enought that there is some texture to them... They asked if I wanted to file a complaint and I still might... I just wanted to get the F out of there and I was happy, no exstatic that they used a flat bed! They sucked that they scratched it doing so, but my paint isn't in the best shape as it is.... It was night time and the car was filthy from the camping trip I was on this weekend so it is hard to tell the extent of the damage now.

Good news is that I don't need a new center diff! phew!

Wow, I guess as good as it gets!

I have seen many cars towed in my neighborhood from illegal parking, and those guys are never gentle, nor do they use flatbeds!

One time a guy parked too close to the curb with the wheels facing the sidewalk. The tow truck dude got out and inspected the car. He tried in ever which way to tow it, but was not able to, so he finally gave up. I guess being too close to the curb and with the wheels facing it makes it harder for them.

X

---

Guest Gitster

My buddy with a 2.5RS in Boston said he was towed 3 times on 2 wheels. I told him no way, not possible. Its a 5 speed too, if it was left in gear it could pop the engine.

I dont understand how there wasnt any damage. Good thing he just traded it in for a 350Z :lol:

people in bosotn dont read the signs. come on parking in a driving lane on L street, ive seen people driving with there mirrors folded in dont look or sig to change lanes. no one in that city really cares about anything around them except them selves

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

Speaking of...did anyone see that game last night? I was lucky enough to be there and people went bananas.

I have the MLB package and watch most of the games....wife is a sox fan due to our marriage.

Yes, I wacthed the game..unreal! Mike Lowell is the man!

I am currently watching the sox get their asses whipped.....I wish I was in the bleachers drinking beer!

Rehab is for quitters.

Well you just gotta read the signs :rolleyes:

They clearly say when street cleaning is.

I checked every sign around me... but the one 100+ yards away in the direction I wasn't heading to get to my GF's house... of course that was the one I was looking for....

Guest Gitster
Unfortunately one sign is good enough for the street until you hit another sign that differs. Especially in Southie, rules need not apply :lol:

people in bosotn dont read the signs. come on parking in a driving lane on L street, ive seen people driving with there mirrors folded in dont look or sig to change lanes. no one in that city really cares about anything around them except them selves

I agree... there is a reason why Southie has the worst or highest car insurance premiums of any place in MA... Just about every car is dented, dinged or worse....

I friggin park in the most defensive ways I can everywhere, but Southie is worse than... I don't know, maybe Iraq or Shiite controlled Iran... My normal spots that are relatively "safer" were all taken that night and I was exhausted so I picked a spot on broadway... I chose the wrong side of the street and could't locate the street cleaning sign! Oh well... such is life!

I had a pretty clean, dent free car before I met my GF!!! Southie has dented both sides of my car in multiple places, scratched, rubbed and dinged all of my bumpers and so forth... I've even had a tire slashed!!!

My girlfriend is worth it though! She will never understand my love of my car, but she loves me so she tolerates it! She couldn't understand why I would need four new tires when it happened... until she read an article somewhere (in a womenly magazine) that related the purchase of tires to high heels! She said that it related to it because it said that driving on 3 tires with one NEW tire is like walking with one broken high heel, or something like that... I don't relate... but she did and she bought me FOUR NEW POETNZA R's :wub:

Well, actually she gave me $400 towards the purchase of new tires and I found a good deal on tirerack and covered the rest... but still! That was great! I was driving around on three summer tires and a nokian WR for a bit because I was broke at the time while looking for a similar tire... she felt so bad that the tire got slashed in Southie and she had this new-found understanding of tires needing to be evenly worn (THANK YOU COSMOPOLITAN or WOMEN'S HEALTH) that she decided to buy me new rubber!

The car has seen two winters of driving up north to skiing every weekend and as everyone knows the paint on our cars is not the high point of the vehicle! Mechanically it is minty... that's what matters since I don't plan on sellling it!

Speaking of...did anyone see that game last night? I was lucky enough to be there and people went bananas.

You know... I watched the last inning of the game with a full belly, a beautiful woman in one arm and a cocktail in my other hand... not a bad way to end the day after an ordeal like the one I had with the towed subie!

It's the best when you catch the end of a game where nothing has happened exciting and your team (my team is obviously the SOX) is down the whole game... but right when you tune in, they turn it around and win it!

:p

Archived