LegacyGT.com

Help with alignment specs

rurouni_x

Hey guys can any of you suspension experts help me dial in my alignment specs. I'm running Megan coilovers with a pretty aggressive drop. The front has no gap and the rears have a 1 finger gap. Wheels are 18x9.5 +33F and +38 rear and tires are 255.35.18 I have the camber set at full - on the coilovers. I notice some bad inside wear on my front tires and they only have about 300 miles. I have Perrin lat. links for the rear as well.

What specs would you suggest I aim for to keep the aggressive fitment and drop but save my tires?

Thanks

That comes with the territory of having that much negative camber. I mean, it is usually toe that wears tires more than anything, but I know to squeeze that rim/tire combo under the fender is to have a lot of negative camber in conjunction with rolling and pulling.

What kind of tires are you running?

I assume you had the car aligned after installing the coilovers - so what camber settings are you running? If those coilovers are jammed all the way in at the top, you probably have excessive negative camber in the front. You really shouldn't have more than 2 degrees negative. In the rear, I don't see how you got those tires to fit in the wheel wells without some aggressive fender lip rolling.

That comes with the territory of having that much negative camber. I mean, it is usually toe that wears tires more than anything, but I know to squeeze that rim/tire combo under the fender is to have a lot of negative camber in conjunction with rolling and pulling.

What kind of tires are you running?

Im running Nitto INVO blacks

I assume you had the car aligned after installing the coilovers - so what camber settings are you running? If those coilovers are jammed all the way in at the top, you probably have excessive negative camber in the front. You really shouldn't have more than 2 degrees negative. In the rear, I don't see how you got those tires to fit in the wheel wells without some aggressive fender lip rolling.

Actually I never aligned after the CO's because the tires were wearing evenly. But when I added negative camber to fit the new tires thats when my tires were getting chewed up.

got it done today camber is neg 1.5F neg 1R

toe is 0 all around

Caster is +6 3/4

You might also want to rotate your wheels front to back every oil change. That will help with the inside wear of your front tires since the rear does not have to have camber as aggressive as the front.

Archived