LegacyGT.com

HEATED SEATS....Back working, Butt isn't?

TLS

The wife has been complaining that the butt portion of the heated seats isn't getting warm.....just the seat back portion.

Anyone ever heard of this?

There is some junk behind and under the drivers seat. Just wondering if it may have come unplugged or bumped by something?

No, it's definately in BOTH the seat and back. We notice it now that it's broke when your butts cold and your back is burning.

Why cant they regulate the temp better? The 4 position roller switch is such a joke. It may as well be a simple ON/OFF switch (HI/OFF).

The 4 position roller switch is such a joke. It may as well be a simple ON/OFF switch (HI/OFF).

Odd.. mine seems to work properly. It's Off/Hot/Hotter/Hottest, isn't it?

On the Hottest mode it gets warmer than my laptop.. I often wonder if it'll affect my swimmers' speeds and such..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't notice the seats being excessively hot... (i am a firefighter... so, that could have something to do with it) however, i do notice that it doesn't really seem to matter what setting i have it on, its always warm... and that once it does get 'hot' which seems to take awhile -- there simply is poor regulation.

The seat has integrated airbags -- I'd simply bring it back to the dealer, should be pretty easy to replicate. I guess checking the connector under the seat couldn't hurt..

the reason why i guess i never knew about the heated back is because i always wear a puffy jacket or multiple layers when its cold enough out there to need to use the heated seats anyway, lol

Exactly!!!

Hahahahahaha

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

• 1 month later...
The wife has been complaining that the butt portion of the heated seats isn't getting warm.....just the seat back portion.

Anyone ever heard of this?

There is some junk behind and under the drivers seat. Just wondering if it may have come unplugged or bumped by something?

did you get it fixed? if so, did they scratch anything? mine did.. :(

This Space For Rent

The worst is when you leave them on and shut the car off, then get in the car the next morning and start driving. 15 minutes later you wonder why your back is sweating, and then the AC comes on or the windows go down, only to realize that your ass is on fire because the seats are on :). Yes, it has happened on more than on occasion to me, though I'd never buy a car without heated seats after having them.

• 5 months later...

On the '06 leather seats, how far up your back does the heating element go? Mine only feels warm up to the small of my back, and I'd really like to feel that toastiness all the way up to my shoulder blades. My friend has a Jetta and the heat on those seats goes all the way up your back.

Like everyone else, my butt heat is much warmer than the back heat. I was thinking that's probably not because the butt heating element is hotter, but because you are sitting on it with your body weight which traps the heat and prevents any air circulation, both of which would cause your back to be cooler.

Archived