LegacyGT.com

Harman Motive Going Out of Business

Looks like he's closing a facility, not going out of business. Always heard good things about their tuning services.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Looks like he's closing a facility, not going out of business. Always heard good things about their tuning services.

Yup...

1. Why are you closing?

I took a huge risk two years ago when I decided to purchase our current building and rapidly expand the business. I carefully weighed my options and decided to go for it. The success of the plan hinged on continued growth over the course of the first three years and left little room for downturn.

Unfortunately, the business downturn of the past few months has put a wrench in all this. With the amount of overhead we have and our loan requirements, we simply cannot afford any dropoff in business. The last three months have seen a drop in business and we have begun to accumalate operating losses. It doesn’t take much to make a problem of this sort really bad. If I decided to continue with our current facility, another bad month could do serious financial damage to me and the business. By closing this facility and limiting our overhead, we will be able to emerge from this difficult time hurt, but not broken.

I really want everyone to understand this next part – this is most important.

We are closing the shop and making these moves to keep Harman Motive healthy. We are not broke, but if we don’t reduce our overhead quickly, we will be. As such, I am taking these steps to ensure we remain solvent, can satisfy our various liabilities, and will have opportunities to grow in the future.

I’m not quitting or giving up, I’m simply dealing with the reality of the situation and taking the responsible steps to ensure my/our future. These decisions are never easy and certainly the next few months will be difficult, but this is what I signed up for when I opened this business. I’m sad that it’s reached this point, but I’m optimistic for the future – my business decisions are what ultimately led us to this point, and that’s something I can learn from and improve.

Yup...

1. Why are you closing?

I took a huge risk two years ago when I decided to purchase our current building and rapidly expand the business. I carefully weighed my options and decided to go for it. The success of the plan hinged on continued growth over the course of the first three years and left little room for downturn.

Unfortunately, the business downturn of the past few months has put a wrench in all this. With the amount of overhead we have and our loan requirements, we simply cannot afford any dropoff in business. The last three months have seen a drop in business and we have begun to accumalate operating losses. It doesn’t take much to make a problem of this sort really bad. If I decided to continue with our current facility, another bad month could do serious financial damage to me and the business. By closing this facility and limiting our overhead, we will be able to emerge from this difficult time hurt, but not broken.

I really want everyone to understand this next part – this is most important.

We are closing the shop and making these moves to keep Harman Motive healthy. We are not broke, but if we don’t reduce our overhead quickly, we will be. As such, I am taking these steps to ensure we remain solvent, can satisfy our various liabilities, and will have opportunities to grow in the future.

I’m not quitting or giving up, I’m simply dealing with the reality of the situation and taking the responsible steps to ensure my/our future. These decisions are never easy and certainly the next few months will be difficult, but this is what I signed up for when I opened this business. I’m sad that it’s reached this point, but I’m optimistic for the future – my business decisions are what ultimately led us to this point, and that’s something I can learn from and improve.

exactly! this is good business sense! It's about downsizing and keeping your company healthy to bounce back once the economy normalizes or becomes more steady.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• 1 month later...

Too lazy to drop the under-engine cover, but there is a sandwich adaptor. The kit is very nice. The cooler is mounted behind my FMIC as there was no room in front of it.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn16/MOMSWGN/Picture005-1.jpg

Archived