LegacyGT.com

Hankook w300 - where to buy?

crazyravr

Well, this time around was my first for ordering through them. While I have no additional experience with EdgeRacing, their customer service for this order was good (I ordered via phone).

Is their customer service lacking if one would have a problem with an order? Returns?

FWIW, my one and only experience with Discount Tire was horrible. I ordered wheels for my old GTI and was assured they would fit. Not only were they the incorrect offset (i.e., they didn't fit), the size of the lug bolt holes required the use of a lug bolt adapter kit (i.e., one of those "tuner" kits). I learned about all this *after* mounting the tires. Fortunately, the manager gave me a full refund, so I suppose it turned out "okay."

they shipped some bad wheels recently, some couldn't be balanced, others were used. they weren't very nice about fixing it for people.

my own experience? I ordered a set of tires online and a week later, nothing more from them (they should have arrived much less shipped). I inquired and got a curt reply a day later 'out of stock' with no ETA. Nice. I wasted ten days - I ended up ordering another tire from Tire Rack, where I had just gotten some BBS wheels. I had to everything to a local shop to mount and balance....had ER actually kept their site updated, I wouldn't have wasted time ordering an out of stock item from them.

No, never bought from them. Only from the forum. Just looked up prices. I did add the tires to cart and did everything BUT purchase them... to see what the shipping was.

Maybe I missed something? Sorry.

"So, who ya gonna call"?! Or order from?

I have no idea... I will wait for the offices to open tomorrow and try to do this over the phone somehow. If not I will ask someone from the USA if they could do it for me and I will just paypal them then money. I hope there are few honest ppl on this board :)

thanx

and edge racing has craptastic customer service to boot

:stupid:

ordered a set of tires from them. they didn't ship for a week or so. whenever i called asking when they would ship they'd tell me the tires were going out the next day. one day they just showed up - the tires had gone out even though the order status was still in processing. edge racing just doesn't know what it's doing..

After much debate (in my head) and reading and reading I decided to go with..... Dunlop WS 3D.

Why???

#1. They get great reviews for dry/wet/ice/snow and thread life.

#2. Tirerack carry them and they were the only ones that had no problem with me paying from Canada and shipping them to USA.

#3. After conversion they were cheaper vs buying W300 from Canada.

#4. After conversion they were $400 cheaper then buying same tires in Canada.

They will be at the dealeship in by the end of the week and on my car before I come pick it up next week.

As an added bonus I asked my dealer to keep the stock re-92 tiers and they gave me $300 cash for them :)

Archived