LegacyGT.com

Gum off of body work

How to get chewing gum off my door?!

I've searched but unfortunately I cannot stick my door into the freezer. Any ideas?

btw.. I will kill the %$@#% that put it there.

Anyone got suggestions on touch sensing alarms?! I had foot marks all over my boot and rear bumper aswell. Luckily no dents or scratches.

those air cans are hard to come by here mate. We don't like to freeze our warts in this part of the world. LOL

Does WD40 work?! Man, that I gotta try. We have loads of that here for some reason.

Well I still haven't removed it, so that's my "project" for tomorrow. I've just been waiting for the replies.

As for it drying, it is well and truly baked. 42C on average for the past few days has it hardened. I just hope I can get it off easy with the 40.

Just spray it on and let it soak for a bit. Get the edge of a knife under it without scraping the paint and it should pop right off if it is hardened. I'm just imagining a blob of gum on the paint, so maybe the knife idea won't work, but the soaking in WD40 idea sure will.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Was out the whole day yesterday aswell, so my project for today. I don't think I'm taking a knofe or anything sharp to it, I removed the blob of gum a long time ago, but I think with the heat on the day before I had seen it, it melted and it's kind of a light streak of melted gum.

Too hot to work on it now, will do it after lunch. Fingers crossed.

damn I shoulda said before, bu I managed to get it off real easy. And while I was at it, I cleaned the really thickened brake dust off my rims too.

Although, it would be a good idea to be spraying WD40 near your lug nuts no would it?

If your lug nuts are torqued right then I really don't see how the WD40 is going to cause a problem. I would probably recommend that you spray a rag and wipe that over the wheels instead of spraying directly on them anyway.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived