LegacyGT.com

Grimmspeed EBCS coming!!!

Hey guys,

I was in contact with Matt from Grimmspeed, asking about them about compatibility for the 5th gen, as InfamousPerformance.com listed the one for the 4th gens as compatible through 2013. He said they were incorrectly listed, and that they are actually getting ready to release the EBCS for the 2015 WRX, which, you guessed it, will fit our cars. So FYI to anybody looking for a plug n play version, they're coming soon!

See the thread on Nasioc for updates and announcements of the group buy!

2015 WRX 3-Port Boost Control Solenoid

Edited by Zakster87

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I had actually emailed them earlier today wondering about the release date on this since their blog said about 3 weeks, when the blog came out about a month ago.

Matt responded with:

"We are most likely looking at starting our initial group buy on them in about 1 month or so. We are waiting for the final pieces to come out of production, but after that they should be available. If you have "liked" us on Facebook, look there for updates as that is the first place we post them up. "

Waiting patiently.....

• 3 weeks later...
AMR is testing both the Grimspeed and Perrin units that fit the LGT and new WRX.

Verdict is still out.... data gathering phase.

Any idea when they will be done with testing. The group buy has started on Nasioc and I don't want to miss it.

I'll be getting a test unit, but not sure how much good it's gonna do on my stock setup. So, I guess Stg 1, here I come! Waiting on that Nameless downpipe group buy to start so I can utilize the EBCS a bit further.

I'll be getting a test unit, but not sure how much good it's gonna do on my stock setup. So, I guess Stg 1, here I come! Waiting on that Nameless downpipe group buy to start so I can utilize the EBCS a bit further.

Shouldn't hurt anything but it's not really needed for a stage 1 or stage 2 setup.

Grimmspeed is shipping to tuners tomorrow.

Their design and design considerations make sense to me:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=43289953&postcount=105

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2713799

Testing done on the Perrin unit yesterday left us unimpressed and disappointed.

Could be a faulty unit, but the initial impression was made.

Agreed with acumenhokie that these are not really needed @ Stage 1 or 2 (LGT/new WRX).

In fact, they are likely not really needed without an upgraded turbo.

If installed, sometimes even tuned for and working correctly, they will be fine (overkill though) to have even on a stock car.

If faulty, malfunctioning (sticking) or not tuned for on a Stage 1 or 2 without some form of over-boost protection - these can cause catastrophic damage.

Edited by Perscitus

Yes, they can implement it I believe with both Ecutek and open source tunes.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2684917

AMR Performance Exclusive Enhance Features:

• Air/Fuel "Lean" Failsafe:

• IF the vehicle runs lean under boost, boost is automatically lowered for safety.

[*]Knock Failsafe:

• If the vehicle pulls an extensive amount of timing due to bad gas, or other factors, boost is lowered automatically.

[*]OVER BOOST Protection:

• Vehicle cuts all boost if target boost is over shot.
    • For the 2015 WRX, target boost can be dynamically changed using steering wheel controls (you can set a limit, say 15psi, 10 psi or even 0 psi to get home or get to a tuner/dealership with the turbo effectively disabled.

[*]Driver Controlled "on-the-fly" Launch Control (2008+ Vehicle(s) Only)

[*]Driver Controlled "on-the-fly" Flat-Foot Shifting (2008+ Vehicle(s) Only)

[*]Enhanced Throttle Response (2008+ Vehicle(s) Only)

[*]Real Traction Control (2015 Subaru WRX Only)

[*]LIVE Air/Fuel Ratio (AFR) Dash Display (2015 Subaru WRX Only) -

Edited by Perscitus

FWIW, the guy that tuned my stage 2 LGT indicated that it would have been useful to have an EBCS -- I don't exactly remember the reason -- something about smoothing out the boost at lower rpms I think.

Thus, I bought one of these, and will be getting a new tune with the EBCS and the updated open source def.

FWIW, the guy that tuned my stage 2 LGT indicated that it would have been useful to have an EBCS -- I don't exactly remember the reason -- something about smoothing out the boost at lower rpms I think.

Thus, I bought one of these, and will be getting a new tune with the EBCS and the updated open source def.

This what I was told also and was my orignal reason for buying the mazda gs Ebcs.

It might be possible, Rob tunes with COBB APs too, but I can't confirm what he can /can't do with it :)

Give him a shout: sales @ amrperformance.com or (two zero three) six one six five one thirty.

Yes, an EBCS should smooth out the boost curve and prevent boost spikes as well as hold higher boost better than a stock unit or the WG spring itself.

This image from Grimmspeed illustrates it well:

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server5000/8fmm9av/product_images/uploaded_images/bcs-subaru-fa20-5-original.jpg?t=1428334494.jpg

Edited by Perscitus

How would this be different than Cobbs version?

I don't think the Cobb version includes apparatus that allows easy use of the stock re-circulation port in the inlet tube. For example, as shown in the pictures I posted, the Grimmspeed has a "male" end to be used with the stock re-circ port.

Other can chime in here, but I think until this design, people would either leave the stock BCS in place to "plug" the re-circ port or plug it with something else.