LegacyGT.com

Grill mod pics - no cutting

eldiablo

I finally got around to getting rid of my chrome mustache! Removed chrome pieces from wings, otherwise left grill in tact.

I wanted to keep the stock badge and cut as little as possible.

Finished off mesh with satin black paint. Total cost around $6 for mesh, paint and screws. Took me about 3 hours.

grill.JPG.4edaf2da06ec6ab0aeb07ea130495281.JPG

grill1.JPG.07ff7f62f2ccc342cfdbb433dc757ba7.JPG

grill2.JPG.5ef3d9fee683bf332ce53a85370d0cde.JPG

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

i thought of doing that too, but thought the mesh would bow out a little too much for my tastes. but that looks pretty good. :) nice job and easy to convert back to stock.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

how did you remove the chrome pieces from wings?

Chrome pieces are held on by 2 small screws each. To access the screws you have to remove the grill which is easy. To remove the grill take out the 2 philips head screws from the top along with the 2 plastic "screws" that pop out. Then push down on the 4 clips (inside of square holes) along the top edge to release. Pull grill straight forward but be careful as there are 2 more clips holding it down along the bottom edge. Sounds more complicated than it actually is.

There may be better instructions already posted elsewhere.

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

It looks ok for a start...

if it were mine, and I have considered doing this...

I'd roll the mesh edge at the bottom, so that it's corner met with the inner edge of the bottom chrome "lip".

Go over the center bar. like you have, or remove the center bar with a dremel.... that is fine (I like how your badge sits into the mesh, nice touch.)

Then I would somehow transition the mesh at the edges from the inside edge at the bottom, to going over the upper edge entirely, so that the upper "lip" of the grille was completely hidden, and the mesh appears to be "waterfalling" from under the edge of the hood, down to the lower lip of the grille, where it has a small-radius rolled-in edge.

I would black out the whole grille, or paint the bottom edge body color, with a hyper-black (shiny, but dark) painted/powdercoated mesh. No sense just having the bottom edge chrome, with the rest blacked out behind the mesh.)

Archived