LegacyGT.com

Greeeeat P302 cylinder misfire in cylinder 2 code

Legacy05

So, on my way back from auto cross today, (I went to watch) my car decides to throw a check engine light. I am like, WTF, I just had my fuel injector replaced on cylinder 3 last month due to a misfire problem. So I stop at autozone (and the idiots reset it, good thing it came back on), cylinder 2 is now mis-firing. WTF!? What would cause this to happen??? The only thing that I have on my car in terms of mods are

Panel Filter

Boost Gauge

Grounding Kit

Exhaust Silencer removed and different mufflers

So I will call Subaru tomorrow to see what's up, they had my car for over a week last time. :( DAMNIT!!!!

Question, a week prior my car threw a P2009 "Intake Runner Control Bank 1 Circuit Low" autozone reset this too, do you think this code is related to the above?? (P2009 did not come up again).

Yes ... last time they had my car an extra day, since they wanted to check all the injectors to make sure they were okay. What was weird, is a couple weekends ago I took my car in due to my car idling a bit rough. They couldnt' find anything wrong, all the injectors were in spec etc. I have an apt Wednesday morning, hopefully it is an easy fix this time around. I would take the car in tomorrow, but tomorrow we found out the x of our baby, so that has a slightly higher priority :) heh.

Yes ... last time they had my car an extra day, since they wanted to check all the injectors to make sure they were okay. What was weird, is a couple weekends ago I took my car in due to my car idling a bit rough. They couldnt' find anything wrong, all the injectors were in spec etc. I have an apt Wednesday morning, hopefully it is an easy fix this time around. I would take the car in tomorrow, but tomorrow we found out the x of our baby, so that has a slightly higher priority :) heh.

Be careful with that rough idle....thats what mine is at the dealer for today. No word from them yet. I also had thrown a P0021 CEL, which was the intake camshaft position, last week. The whole car was noticably shaking pretty good when stopped. Enough to notice from the outside as well as making me feel like i was in a paint mixer. Certainly not something which would have you questioning. If its idling like mine was, you'll know instantly, no doubt about it. My bet is on the OCV valve, thanks to some descriptions and conversation with some members here who had identical problems. We'll see....

I am going to say that I don't think its gas related ... I am using a top tier gas station ... and I have used other gas stations in the past and my car always idled a bit rough. My car is at the dealer right now, he mentioned that they would probably reset the ECU and see if the code comes back. Well since AutoZone did that for already on accident, I told him that it already came back on a second time :) I am not even sure if they checked the spark plugs the last time around so I mentioned that to him too. He said they'd have it fixed today, so I will keep my fingers crossed :)

Update:

Another bad fuel injector .. apparently my car was built on a "Friday" .. heh, they replaced the fuel injector and turned my rotors .. I have my car back now, after work I'll find out if my car still idles rough or not. (With the A/C on it wouldn't idle rough).

FYI...i threw ALL the cylinder misfire codes (P0301-P0304)...and it was a vacume leak that caused it...found a little vacumm line that got disconnected, put it back on and added a zip tie.

reset the ECU and hasn't been back since...

~Sucka-Duck~

Archived