LegacyGT.com

Good place to buy auto ramps?

I want to pick up a pair of ramps to do work under instead of using jacks. I figure cost for cost they come out equal or even less probably. PLus they would give me better peace of mind knowing I am safer under them.

Anyone know a good cheap place to pick up a good enough set?

I bought a pair from Sears that are good. The only problem is that the Subie is so low to the ground, I have to use a pair of 5' 2x10's to decrease the angle between the ground and the ramp. You will scrape your bumper on the ramps without them.

I want to pick up a pair of ramps to do work under instead of using jacks. I figure cost for cost they come out equal or even less probably. PLus they would give me better peace of mind knowing I am safer under them.

Anyone know a good cheap place to pick up a good enough set?

Well it looks like there are Rhino Ramps and Low Profile Rhino Ramps. The latter being like $50. I think I will head over to my local Walmart and see if they have them in stock since it says that they now carry them.

Should be cheaper and safer then jacks/jack stands

there is also a heavier duty version. I have standard ones and my STi lip spoiler barely touches. I'll have to get new ones once I get the STi pinks on, or use some wood blocks.

They do make your life much easier right? How much height do they give you?

I am thinking about getting a cheap creeper too. Not sure if it is worth it but with a 4hour UP DP install coming soon it might be nice to be comfy

Maybe this could turn into a "Post your Legacy garage" thread so we can see how people are working on their Legacy's. I would also like to purchase some garage gear but I'm unsure of what to purchase.

Those that have the Tool Time super garage can show off how easy they have it when it comes to upgrades.

When I lived in an Apartment I was swapping exhausts, installing different MAF's, injectors.. you name it. I used to use a bucket to put my tools in because I didnt want to lug my whole toolbox each time. My girlfriend gave it the name "Ghetto Bucket". LOL

:D

I will stop by autozone and see what they have. I have risked using just a jack way too many times.

Don't worry I lift weights daily. I will stay under the car and just bench press it off of us if it falls haha.

• 5 years later...

Bump from the dead!

Any other recommendations for a Leggy lowered on Eibachs? Rhino ramps work? Willing to spend <$100ish if it means I don't have to use bricks/wooden blocks to lead the car before the ramps.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

I've been using rhino ramps on Pink Springs so I assume that's as low as Eibach's. No scrapes ever. Secondly why are you worried about scraping your bumper on a piece of plastic. The only thing that scraped the ramps was the front end of my brother STi because it was lowered and the corner splitters are the only thing that scraped. So go ahead and buy the 5,000 lbs Rhino Ramps

Archived