LegacyGT.com

Good NH or northshore MA Dealerships??

smkscrn

I just hit 30k on my LGT and was getting an oil change last week and was reminded about the 30k service. The dealership I go to is AMD Subaru in N. Hampton, NH. I live in Exeter, NH but do the commute to Peabody MA down 95.

If anyone knows of a good dealership that may have gotten their 30k service from and has a reasonable price, PLEASE let me know....

AMD Subaru in N. Hampton is quoted around $575....ouch.:(

Let me know - thanks!

Joe

Give Exeter a call. You only live 3 miles away... I wouldn't be surprised if that is just the cost of the full service. Also, You may not need to do everything they say needs to be done. I often ask, "Does such and such need to be done to maintain the warranty?"

Just thought of another idea. Bobby, one of the techs from Exeter Subaru just went out on his own and I'm sure he can do most if not all of what needs to be done for less than the dealers charge. I think he's over in Kingston and can find out for sure if you're interested.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

Let me know if he could do something like that and what the cost would be. Or, if you have his contact info at the shop, I will give him a buzz....also, does getting this stuff done outside of a subaru dealership void any manufac. warranty?

let me know - thanks!

Joe

I have an office in PEabody as well.

I've only bought parts at Ira Subaru in Danvers, don't know about service.

I had my older Outbacks maintained at Peabody Sunoco. They did a lot of work on them, including a head gasket job. Good shop although I intend to stick with the dealer while the car is on warranty. Manchester has done a good job thus far but is out of your way.

The salespeople at Wakefield Subaru are chumps but the Service department always did a good job at fair prices.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I just hit 30k on my LGT and was getting an oil change last week and was reminded about the 30k service. The dealership I go to is AMD Subaru in N. Hampton, NH. I live in Exeter, NH but do the commute to Peabody MA down 95.

If anyone knows of a good dealership that may have gotten their 30k service from and has a reasonable price, PLEASE let me know....

Let me know - thanks!

Joe

Harry's Auto repair In Salisbury is good. Harry's son has an STI and he knows what he is doing! A big part of the 30,000 is the plug change, something you don't really need. (1.75 hours plus about 18 bucks per plug). Exeter Subaru is a great place thou. Honest people!

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Let me know - thanks!

Joe

my wife has a nissan and needed her 30k service but most dealerships will price match on service just give another dealer a call , worked for her.

Good luck

• My WRX was purchased at Manchester Subaru (good people)
  • my Father's OBXT was purchased at Belknap Subaru (Belmont)...great service.
  • I get my WRX worked on either at Belknap if im up there, or at Clay Subaru in Norwood, MA when I am in Boston (where i live).

I personally am very happy with Exeter Subaru. I have not done the 30k service on our 05 LGT yet since 21k miles. However on my 2004 WRX they only charged $390 for 30k service which I believe is on par with LGT but not 100% sure.

I was not price shopping since I paid with SubaruBucks and free loaners if you buy there during service.

so does anyone know off hand if you get your 30k service done at a non-subaru dealership, will it void the manufac. warranty??

IMO, if the manufac. warranty states you have to get the 30k service completed, or its void, then alright. But, if the 30k service is "optional", then how the hell will they know if you just get it done elsewhere if you have them use OEM parts?

What warranty does the 30K service void? That's just a scare tactic. But I mean why take it anywhere else unless you have a Subaru shop in the area like Dent Sport Garage in Norwood.

Frankly i skipped my 30K service as I had already done all of it besides Oil, Tranny and Diff fluid so i got that done at the dealer.

so does anyone know off hand if you get your 30k service done at a non-subaru dealership, will it void the manufac. warranty??

IMO, if the manufac. warranty states you have to get the 30k service completed, or its void, then alright. But, if the 30k service is "optional", then how the hell will they know if you just get it done elsewhere if you have them use OEM parts?

If you go to an independant just keep your receipt for services/parts. That is all that is required for warranty if anything arises that relates back to the service. You never get your warranty voided, however if for example the auto tranny fails at 44k miles and the manual states change the fluid (no idea if true) at 30k they can deny fixing the item under warranty due to neglect on your part if you have no proof that work was ever done. Saying I did it myself is not good enough however a dated receipt for the tranny fluid likely would be if this was self performed.

The 30k service is not optional with respect to warranty coverage however a dealer may propose services outside what the owners manual prescribes that are optional. The truth is if the car does not break down by 5yrs/60k (the likely case) it does not matter what you do or don't do with regards to service to Subaru.

Ok Joe, here you go, Bobby is at Kensington Autoworks, 394-0081

http://www.kensingtonautoworks.com/about.asp

I had to inquire with the NASIOC'ers on this place as its about two miles down RT150 from mother's house (a Subaru owner looking for dealer alternative). Some positive feedback from a known NASIOC member>> http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1139690

Yeah, the "known NASIOC member", Brian, who worked with Bobby at Exeter is the former Parts Manager there an now the Parts Manager at Manchester Subaru. Brian is a great guy who knows his stuff about Subies. If he endorses Bobby, go see Bobby.

Let me know - thanks!

Joe

I like the Nashua Subaru dealer - they've been good to us and are accepting of mods - not encouraging, but they don't give you shit about it.

Archived