LegacyGT.com

Good deal for 08 Legacy Ltd?

Hey Group,

I am about ready to buy a 2008 Legacy 2.5i Ltd w/VDC. It is bronze with ivory leather. Comes with the cold weather package, homelink auto-dim, I had them delete the spoiler.

They will give to me for $22,980 if I bring my own financing and no trade-in. This will include Astrostart-brand auto-start and the factory sub.

It is $23,980 if I take Subaru Financing since I can't get the customer cash AND financing. Luckily my credit is good enough where my own financing is 6.6%, and the dealer thinks they can find me a loan through their other networks that will beat that and I can still have the customer cash.

Sound like a good deal?

Andy Lien

Hey Group,

I am about ready to buy a 2008 Legacy 2.5i Ltd w/VDC. It is bronze with ivory leather. Comes with the cold weather package, homelink auto-dim, I had them delete the spoiler.

They will give to me for $22,980 if I bring my own financing and no trade-in. This will include Astrostart-brand auto-start and the factory sub.

It is $23,980 if I take Subaru Financing since I can't get the customer cash AND financing. Luckily my credit is good enough where my own financing is 6.6%, and the dealer thinks they can find me a loan through their other networks that will beat that and I can still have the customer cash.

Sound like a good deal?

Andy Lien

Where are you located? What state?

yea that sounds like a good deal.

sticker price on mine was $22,777 with only the extended armrest and rubber mats. after the financing (7-8%) and insurance, in total it was $37,000 give or take a little.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

where you buying the car from (State)?

but it sounds like a pretty good deal. i believe ppl are getting the 08 LGT at around $28000 OTD

I am in Fargo, ND and will be buying it in the west side of Minnesota. I am going to sell my 1994 Lexus ES300 myself and hopefully get an extra grand that I won't get on trade-in.

Andy

Hey Group,

Sound like a good deal?

Andy Lien

so 22,980

- 260 (Homelink Autodim)

- 442 (Autostart - I'm assuming astrostart is what Subie uses?)

- 287 (Subwoofer)

looking at a base price of 21,991 including incentives? plus TTL?

where are you located!? I should go out there and buy a car and drive it back to so cal. anyone else have any LTD prices that might help out?

btw, thanks for the gt pricing...definitely a more fun car to drive, but i don't think it's in my budget right now...something to look forward to down the road though!

sticker price on mine was $22,777 with only the extended armrest and rubber mats. after the financing (7-8%) and insurance, in total it was $37,000 give or take a little.

WOAH! that's ALOT of $$$ in interest/finance fees...u sure that you got an 8% rate??

not sure where my previous post went, but here's the shorten version!

- 260 (Homelink Mirror)

- 442 (Remote Start)

- 287 (Subwoofer)

21,991 base price including incentives + TTL?

sounds like a good deal to me, anyone else have any LTD prices out there? I think I'm leaning towards the NA, although the GT is a blast to drive...I don't think it's in my budget for one...

WOAH! that's ALOT of $$$ in interest/finance fees...u sure that you got an 8% rate??

yea i think so, and maybe because i'm still 18? so my insurance is higher?

my friend thought it was fishy too but he looked at the retail installment contract and said it sounds about right that it came out to 37k+.

That doesn't make any sense at all. I am a finance major and there is no way you can get 7.5% financing and wind up paying $37,000. What do you mean by insurance? Is your auto insurance paid in the same payment as your car payment?

By your information, if you had a 60 month loan, your monthly payment is $966!!! What is your actual payment and loan period?????

Are you sure you didn't mean to type $27,000? That would add up if you have stellar credit and a 60 month loan, and you financed about 21K.

Andy

not sure where my previous post went, but here's the shorten version!

- 260 (Homelink Mirror)

- 442 (Remote Start)

- 287 (Subwoofer)

21,991 base price including incentives + TTL?

sounds like a good deal to me, anyone else have any LTD prices out there? I think I'm leaning towards the NA, although the GT is a blast to drive...I don't think it's in my budget for one...

If you're in SoCal PM RezaLaleh he's the internet sales manager at Santa Monica Subaru or you can call him (310)877-0977. Most of the SoCal menbers bought their Legacy from him.

I was able to get 5.9% through the dealer.. I had my own financing lined up at 5.75% but it fell through as I would have had to wait a day to clear up paperwork which would have put me into the next month. I was going to refinance which I havent done yet as I think I can get it down to 5.5%. This was a few months ago.. Might be better now.. I see 2.9% as special offers on the website so thats probably up to 36 months.. I imagine 60 months should come out to 4.9% as third step up. Shouldnt be more than 5.9%. Assuming you have an ok credit history. I dont know if this applies to your area though.

Here is a good loan calculator.. It works perfectly to figure out auto loans well.

http://www.tdbanknorth.com/small_business/sbloan_calculator.html

That doesn't make any sense at all. I am a finance major and there is no way you can get 7.5% financing and wind up paying $37,000. What do you mean by insurance? Is your auto insurance paid in the same payment as your car payment?

By your information, if you had a 60 month loan, your monthly payment is $966!!! What is your actual payment and loan period?????

Are you sure you didn't mean to type $27,000? That would add up if you have stellar credit and a 60 month loan, and you financed about 21K.

Andy

:whore: word.... at $966/mo I could own a brand new escalade with virtually no money down..... you're definitely not getting an 8% interest rate, ESPECIALLY not at 18 yrs old (you don't have enough credit to get a rate like that at such a young age)

Andy

is the Time Sales Price different? because that's where it says $37,155.12 and NOTATURBO, my legacy is under my parents' name and credit card, not mine. i don't fully understand the financing and loans but going by what my parents said, they put up our house for loan so we could get the car. the annual percentage rate is 8.99 and the finance charge is 7232.93 and we put $5,000 down plus a discount of $1,000 since we went through costco.com. we also bought a 2007 toyota rav4 for my mom just last year, if that makes any difference. :confused:

i have to say that i'm getting kinda worried, but i'll talk to my parents later on about this and try to understand the situation.

is the Time Sales Price different? because that's where it says $37,155.12 and NOTATURBO, my legacy is under my parents' name and credit card, not mine. i don't fully understand the financing and loans but going by what my parents said, they put up our house for loan so we could get the car. the annual percentage rate is 8.99 and the finance charge is 7232.93 and we put $5,000 down plus a discount of $1,000 since we went through costco.com. we also bought a 2007 toyota rav4 for my mom just last year, if that makes any difference. :confused:

i have to say that i'm getting kinda worried, but i'll talk to my parents later on about this and try to understand the situation.

Seriously, look into this. The place you need to look is that "long form" that outlines everything. Maybe that's just a CA thing.

My Legacy stickered for $25.5k and I bought it for $24.5k. I bought the SAS also. With everything including SAS, taxes, fees, and finance charges, I'm paying ~$32k. I didn't have a down payment. I pay $534 a month for 60 months.

thanks rommel! i'll be sure to pm/call him. since i'm in the OC area, i've been dealing with some local dealers, the quoted prices aren't too bad, but there's no inventory in terms of ltds. so i'm having to wait...

hopefully reza can help me out...i've heard pretty good things about sms and it all the meets look pretty fun...might have to check it out when i join the club...

btw, how do you like the fxt? i was considering an 08 fxt sport but pricewise it still might be outta my range, but i'm definitely diggin the exterior, the interior isn't quite as refined as the legacy too...but maybe a couple years down the road...

Seriously, look into this. The place you need to look is that "long form" that outlines everything. Maybe that's just a CA thing.

My Legacy stickered for $25.5k and I bought it for $24.5k. I bought the SAS also. With everything including SAS, taxes, fees, and finance charges, I'm paying ~$32k. I didn't have a down payment. I pay $534 a month for 60 months.

i asked my mom when she got home from work, and said that the sticker price is the base price, and it was bumped up because she said we got the supreme subaru insurance to go with the legacy which includes a certain insurance that if my dad (the car is under his name) were to be out of work because of injury, subaru or our insurance company will cover the monthly payments. we're paying $432.12 a month for 72 months, and put in a down payment of $5,000 including a $1,000 discount for going through costco.com.

i'm thinking because we're paying over a longer period of time, there is more interest.

i asked my mom when she got home from work, and said that the sticker price is the base price, and it was bumped up because she said we got the supreme subaru insurance to go with the legacy which includes a certain insurance that if my dad (the car is under his name) were to be out of work because of injury, subaru or our insurance company will cover the monthly payments. we're paying $432.12 a month for 72 months, and put in a down payment of $5,000 including a $1,000 discount for going through costco.com.

i'm thinking because we're paying over a longer period of time, there is more interest.

Wow, now I am getting really confused. You/they are paying $432.12 a month, for SEVENTY-TWO months?

So, your agreed-upon price was $22,777.

Your truth-in-lending act says you are paying $37,152 after all payments are made including interest.

Your monthly payment is $432.12

You have death or disability coverage (which could be purchased from AFLAC, btw)

I have to assume your $5,000 down-payment is included in the $22,777. Actually, that wouldn't make sense either, because then you paid above MSRP. Did they sell you a Legacy Ltd for $22,777, THEN gave you the rebate, too?? If so, that's a good deal.

If you financed $22,777, and the rest of your info above is right, you are actually paying 27.01% interest. Give or take a point because of the disability insurance, I don't know how they work that in.

I know it's none of my business, but I think somewhere along the long something is still not right.

Andy

Stop the madness! Join one of the Subaru VIP organizations and you can gain access to invoice minus 2% price guarantee, plus you still have the option to take incentives or special financing rates. You may have to wait a few months for your membership before you make the deal, but that's several grand saved right then and there.

Archived