LegacyGT.com

Gonna make some skid plates, anyone have a .DWG of one?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can make the drawing file for you if you want. I just need the dimensions. Are you sure he wants a .DWG file instead of a .DXF file? Most of the stuff I send to laser/plasma cutters they want a .DXF file.

The dimensions are mostly in the thread I linked.

I can make the drawing file for you if you want. I just need the dimensions. Are you sure he wants a .DWG file instead of a .DXF file? Most of the stuff I send to laser/plasma cutters they want a .DXF file.

I think your right actually. I'll talk to him today to confirm.

This might be what you are looking for -

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4211839&postcount=66

I think it makes this skid plate -

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4211654&postcount=59

edit: also interested.

Awesome! This looks good, maybe we can get some edits done to it to make a hole for the oil filter and oil plug so we don't have to remove the whole thing for an oil change?

It will likely be around $100 with shipping depending on where you are at. Probably $30 materials and somewhere around $50 that I would pay my buddy and then I don't think it would be more than $30 to ship but I won't know until I ship one I guess. Hopefully we can fit 2 on one sheet ( i believe its a 4x8 but I will confirm today) because that will save us quite a bit on material and labor.

Honestly, maybe announcing $100 this early in the process is a bit premature.

Maybe $100 + shipping + paypal fees would be more realistic. Shipping something of that size (LxW) could be a killer.

Your right, although $100 is just the goal, and i get pretty good deals thru my work on Shipping. And I'll have an option to opt out of PayPal and use Square Cash with no fees if people would rather do that. All in all. Should be somewhere between $100-$140. But I guess we won't know until we give it a try:)

Unless I missed it, would there be some kind of access holes for when we want to do an oil change? Or would we have to remove the skid plate to do so?

Awesome! This looks good, maybe we can get some edits done to it to make a hole for the oil filter and oil plug so we don't have to remove the whole thing for an oil change?

I am not sure if the original file I linked has ever actually been used to print/cut and it might have some issues. Someone who is actually familiar with these things might want to take a look at it.

I am not sure if the original file I linked has ever actually been used to print and it might have some issues. Someone who is actually familiar with these things might want to take a look at it.

The original file does not have an access panel. If someone gets me some measurements I'll put one in and re-upload the .dxf file

Archived