LegacyGT.com

GI winter 2011/fall 2010 mega meet! Get your ideas in now!!

LegacyGTBiggie

Ok people,

I want to plan a LGT only winter mega meet for this coming year. Last years turn out was good but far from great or MEGA!

I know we have the local support to get 40+ cars out. And I would like to plan this in the way that allows and gets the most cars to come out.

Previous years have had many different overall layouts but the basic formula I use is lunch somewhere, then drive/cruise(with rolling photos), then secondary spot with photos and general comrodery(sp?)

Last year we held it up near baltimore and ate lunch then drove to Agile Automotive. Worked out great until the dyno had an issue!

year before we did lunch and then drove to a great little park off of the main runway of BWI. This had some of the best photos ive come up with to date.

Previous years with the sentra we normally ended up at fedex field... but I no longer have a connection at that stadium...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i am going to try and get Agile or DPS to sponsor this years. It is normally a little cold for a picnic. No photo area or somethign with car based activities. Last year for instance we did the agile meet which is at a SUBARU shop and had the bonus of dyno sessions.

I'll pass the word to Pirouz when I see him on Friday. I think it would be better to hold the meet in a more central area so people from MD, DC, and VA can come up as well without too big a drive like B-more.

Just my $.02.

Ok so the vote is a sunday.. that pretty much means shops are out. Al I know of are closed on sundays. Though I can ask Agile if they are open to the idea.

Any other ideas for things to do? We did Agile and the Airport. What else can we do?

...when i had my '99 Legacy!

I held a Big meet (subarus and other cars) one time on the top floor parking garage of Dave & Busters at White Flint Mall! Plenty of Restaurants and Entertainment for everyone to choose from...I videotaped it in SD (Standard Definition), passed to almost everyone a wireless handheld, interviewed a few people with cars that stood out, I was going to edited it and send it out to people who wanted it for like $5, but the demand wasn't enough for my efforts...LOL, I even gave everyone who showed up to the meet a FREE video on the new WRX that was going to hit the U.S. back then...I got it from a dealership rep at Fitz! Security gave us shit about the gathering, but once the group started to give patronage to D&B they left...Good times ... good times!

If I were to do it again, I would need help...probably a couple of live host...like Harry & Roppongi in some type of kung fu/karate outfits or Josh & someone who he can beat on with a squeaky toy hammer...a hot model or two would be nice too (skimpy outfit is optional)! Sort of like a BEST MOTORING video! Have people fill out a form to tell us about their ride and to implement it in a video with still photos and text...Definitely shoot it in HD...extensive video and photos of the nicest cars that show including exhaust revving clips...maybe even an in car test ride! Edited it and burn to DVD for a small fee!

my .02 cents,

CK

I have found that parking structures are less willing to allow people to have a meet. I had pictures done of my car at the columbia mall parking garage and we were run off by both the mall security and a small group of the Ho Co swat. lol, they thought we were taking pictures of "potential targets". 2 STi's and a Supra, typical terrorist cell conveyances.

Why does it have to be in the winter? You said fall, Late October early November usually has great colors for pictures.

Hopefully Agile wouldn't mind opening up on a sunday for us. lol. Maybe we can try IAG? I know they have a big enough lot. Don't know if they'd open up on a sunday though either. Again, just make it a sunday and I'm pretty much there. haha and would def like to dyno my car.

Archived