LegacyGT.com

GI: New Low cost FMIC for '05-'09 LGT and '08+ WRX

itsme

From the PM's I have been getting people are having a hard time finding the XO2 FMIC kit that I designed. So I 'm thinking of producing a new FMIC that will be able to also fit '07+ LGT w/air pumps and possible '08 WRXs. I have some new Ideals on the kit construction and you may not have to trim the bumper beam;)(triming the beam can be a PITA). It will fit LGT and WRX turbos. I will try to save the fog lights and But, saving the bumper beam is the most important. I'm also working with the tuner infamous1 on this one so we will make choices on this kit that will provide the best performance. I added links to the other kit I made so you can get a ideal what the kit will look like.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100630

I'm shooting for a price point well below what's on the market now. I'm shooting for around the $500.

So let me know what you think. Thanks

Update: On 10-30-09 the finish prototype was sent off to manufacture and they will have it on Monday. Once I get it back and approve the sample the kit I will post a full install walk thur with pictures. Then, I will start taking deposits. This has become a very long thread so I will summurize what happened .

This new kit will:

-let you keep your stock bumper beam without cutting it

-fit all LGTs '05 to '09 (it clears the air pump on '07+ cars) and should fit '08+ WRXs* (*will confirm once I test fit a WRX)

-You will be able to keep your stock foglights( that's what took so long. But, you got to give the people what they want ;))

-You keep your stock overflow tank

-work with LGT and WRX style turbos with no extra parts to buy it they all come with the kit

-Price will be $700 shipped or $700 + shipping once I get the final price after they make test sample. BOV flange extra but shouldn't be more then about $50 more.

11/22/09 update:

The kit should be here on 11/23/09 I will test fit and post installed photos. So far I have teaser photos on page 22 on post 834. After I post pictures I will start taking deposit of $350 until dec. 15. Then I will place the order. It will take 2 weeks to make the order. Once I get the kits is I will ship as soon as I get final payment.

So if you have questions post them on the thread. Others may have the same questions

Bryan

update 11/24/09:

Check page 24 and post #949 and #951 for install picture Paypal dawicked1@hotmail.com

update 12/5/09:

We are up to 12 deposit and the deadline is pushed back to Dec.15 and I opened 3 new Marketplace threads to help us reach 20. This thread is huge and the new threads are easier to follow for someone to get up to speed.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2732255#post2732255

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126386

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126385

P.s. After this is done. If the group needs something let me know.

This is a link to the install thread http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131072

6/12/10 update: The kits are now in stock and ready to ship. No waiting for GBs. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/racer-x-itsme-fmic-05-09-lgts-and-08-wrx-stock-ready-139560.html?p=2983710 PM me if you want one. Bryan

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow. ~$500 for FMIC and a chance to keep the fogs and fits 07+. I heard from GTTuner that your first FMIC was good quality at a damn good price. Looking forward if this ever goes through. :)

Wow, count me in! I was intrigued by the Rev1 and I'm hoping Rev2 is even better!

Keeping Fogs PLUS!

Clean look! PLUS!

Only thing I was not feeling about Rev1 was the Crazy Bends in the piping at the top.

Wow, count me in! I was intrigued by the Rev1 and I'm hoping Rev2 is even better!

Keeping Fogs PLUS!

Clean look! PLUS!

Only thing I was not feeling about Rev1 was the Crazy Bends in the piping at the top.

The bend doesn't hinder power and it let's you have the choice of a LGT or WRX turbo.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I'm already FMIC'd but I'm curious about how you're going to do this. I'm going to re-do some of the charge pipes on my FMIC to go blow-through, so FMIC stuff in general has been on my mind a lot lately. PM me if you want to brainstorm. :)

Sounds awesome...glad you identified the 3 biggest issues with Xo2..the bumper beam hackage, the loss of fogs and the air pump issue for the 07+ guys. If you fix 2 of the 3 issues it will be a homerun...

While you are looking it it...it might make sense to facilitate the first connection after the TB..maybe make that turn as on piece. :)

Well, damn it guys. Everytime I finally come to a conclusion on what I am going to do, you throw a wrench into my plans and now I have to wait. I was all set on getting the original XO2 but now...

Infamous & itsme, any plans on maybe doing a package fmic/tune deal? Something for the more common turbo/exhaust setups (i.e. V52/up/dp) that can be logged and tweaked.

I'm game to be a guinea pig if you need someone to test fit. I'm mechnically inclined (replaced a few motors in my younger days;)) and was planning on finally doing something more agressive than my current stg II setup.

Kyle

Infamous & itsme, any plans on maybe doing a package fmic/tune deal? Something for the more common turbo/exhaust setups (i.e. V52/up/dp) that can be logged and tweaked.

Power packages will definately be something that will be offered. :)

Interested. No bumper beam hack +1.

If fogs have to go, does anyone know if there is a possible LED alternative to provide similar function without taking up the full depth of the stock units?

Archived