LegacyGT.com

Where to get the 2007 Legacy STi V-Limited front end quickly?

tractorcrusher

This weekend my car was in an accident and the whole front end is pretty badly torn up... Unfortuantly, I don't think there is enough damage to total out the car, so I'm going to need a new front end put on it.

Instead of going with the US Market Legacy front end, I'm thinking about going to the Australian/JDM STi front end.

Could anyone suggest a shop that could import the parts rather quickly? I'm thinking I have about as much time as it'd take Subaru to get the parts to the body shop (which is said to be verrry slow).

I'm going to need both fenders, headlights, bumper, and all the front frame components as well.

Here's my 4-month old car as of Saturday:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/tractorcrusher/SpecB/011908%20Crash/PHOTO1.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/tractorcrusher/SpecB/011908%20Crash/PHOTO3.jpg

This is the front end I'm looking to get:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/tractorcrusher/SpecB/011908%20Crash/Leg_STi_Vlmtd.jpg

EDIT: V-Limited may just be the lip, but I'm looking to get the whole front end if I can get the parts in time.

Are there any US shops like AVO that might have the parts in stock? I'm afraid if I order from Japan parts I may have to wait on the next ship to come over here, which will probably be a while.

Check with AVO. There is a chance they MIGHT have the parts at their U.S. affiliate, RalliTek. I know one of the AVO employees, I want to say Ross? has moved to U.S., to start their own AVO offices here. They are really good people to deal with, and should be able to work something out for ya. I'm sure the bodyshop you take it to can make sure that they work according to your parts arriving.

Just a side note, you can use the USDM fenders and headlights. For the headlights, If you like the blacked inside look, just get 05 Legacy part numbers. The bumper conversion will require the outer bumper skin, the inner beam, undertray, foglight mounts/covers/maybe the lights themselves if you don't want to jerry-rig the mounting, mounting clips,etc.

Well the idea was fun while it lasted but my body shop is very firm on putting my car's front end back to USDM stock. :( This means I lose my cleared headlights, outback grill, headlight/foglight tinting.

The good news is they're ordering me 05 headlight housings. I am looking for an STi front lip still.

Well the idea was fun while it lasted but my body shop is very firm on putting my car's front end back to USDM stock. :( This means I lose my cleared headlights, outback grill, headlight/foglight tinting.

The good news is they're ordering me 05 headlight housings. I am looking for an STi front lip still.

Just go to a different body shop:)

Yeah, I could take it to another body shop, and it's written in my insurance that I can chose whatever parts to put on the car, I would just have to pay out of pocket anything beyond what the adjuster quoted.... but my friends at Subaru recommended this shop and being that the car is only 5 months old now I want to make sure it gets fixed up as good as possible.

I'm just going to buy one of the replica lips and be done with it. The body shop is ordering me the '05 headlights which I'll clear myself. I already have a spare front grill so I'm going to paint it while the car is being worked on.

Yeah, but the 08 rear and tail lights are different - I don't think that would look good.

Yeah, but I've never like the '08 rear... In a perfect world I'd have the 08 front with the 07 back for my best preferences.

Unfortunatly, however... The body shop already ordered the body parts for the 07 rebuild this last weekend.

sorry to see that tractor....I hope its not too long before she's fixed up!

<- had front sideswipe on New Years day...not this bad tho!

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

• 4 weeks later...

Archived