LegacyGT.com

Gauging interest: DDE Lightning (aka Angel Eyes, Halos)

RPM

As promised, Revolution Performance Manufacturing is here to bring you some new toys for your Legacy!

We were instrumental in the design of the first kit available for the Mazda 6 and also carry kits for the Mazda 3 as well. (See pictures below)

And we now have a kit available for the Legacy! It is available via this thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=293174

See attached pictures for examples of the Mazda 6 and Mazda 3 kits.

dde611.jpg.2e0719cf77e5cff98fcec2c6fc48a96c.jpg

dde613.jpg.a7f2ce0a7e19851c36f1e013d2fb9ffd.jpg

dde614.jpg.9dbef6ddd0326abd5e59ac21569d7330.jpg

dde603.jpg.231ae222a4d5331ea37e2e741528bfbb.jpg

dde301.jpg.4d9aa358f68c9570d3527f0209fabe63.jpg

dde302.jpg.19bfeb3448298a82e5fcce144cb237f2.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 for interest.

That's not bad pricing for true CCFL DDEs. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

we could definitely get it to you cheaper

This could change minds for a few people, I think a lot of people like the way it looks but are afraid of it looking "ricey". If it were priced low enough, it wouldn't be too expensive if we happen to change our minds on the looks and uninstall them later.

p.s. don't forget to implement a ring around our high beam as well.

The only reason I didn't mention a 4-ring kit was that the high beam projector is shaped somewhat oddly (i.e. not round). If we go forward with the prototype, once they have it at the shop, they can see if there's anything that will work in there. If there is, then of course we will offer it.

we could definitely get it to you cheaper

This could change minds for a few people, I think a lot of people like the way it looks but are afraid of it looking "ricey". If it were priced low enough, it wouldn't be too expensive if we happen to change our minds on the looks and uninstall them later.

Well, we would probably start off with a group buy, which would be at least $20 off MSRP. Depending on how many people joined said group buy, the price could potentially go even lower.

I'm interested. How long before anything is set in stone?

Well, it looks like a good number of people are estimated, so we are planning to proceed with the prototype. We are trying to schedule someone do the prototype in San Marcos, CA the second week of September. Assuming all goes well with that, the group buy would start and units would begin shipping shortly thereafter.

Will we be able to get them in yellow/amber, rather than cold white? Will they have acrylic rings enclosing the CCFL tubes (to make them look more substantial like the BMW Angel Eyes, and refract the light a bit...)

Just Curious...

I don't have a car to put them on yet, but I will likely be very interested when I do, but I would want them to look as OEM as possible, and amber-ish running light rings sound really good to me... then converting the side indicators to signal blink-only, perhaps with the LED multi-directional "tower-type" incandescent bulb replacements.

Please post pics of the component parts when possible, too.

I'm interested big TIME

quick questions.

will it work with my McCulloch HID's?

are they running as daytime running lights, parking lights, or low beams?

Yes, they will work with stock lights, HIDs, etc. They are completely independent of all other lighting systems. You can wire them up to work however you like. You can have them run as daytime running lights, hook them into your parking lights circuit, or even wire up an independent switch in your cabin. They are not bright enough to be used as low beams.

Will we be able to get them in yellow/amber, rather than cold white? Will they have acrylic rings enclosing the CCFL tubes (to make them look more substantial like the BMW Angel Eyes, and refract the light a bit...)

All of these are possibilities. The basic kit will include white (6000k), but depending on the availability of parts needed, yellow (4300k) and blue (8000k) tinted lamps may also be available.

Regarding the ring covers (otherwise known as "Titanium Edition" or "Enhanced"), that will also depend on the availability of parts. These would also add to the cost of the kit, but customers would be given the option to buy either.

Once we get a chance to do some test fitting on the prototype car, we will have a much better idea of what we will be able to offer. Pictures will also come at that time. So stay tuned. ;)

Archived