LegacyGT.com

Gathering info for LGT BBQ in Denver late sept

cryo

NEXT BBQ on oct 9th in highlands ranch! Look for the last posts for details.

I have been looking around for a while now to find a good location to do a LGT.com bbq but its been difficult to find somewhere that fits all of the needs we would have to do something like this. Here are a few of the things I was looking for.

1. Somewhere with parking availible to host around +-35 cars and still close to the bbq area.

2. Close proximity to Restrooms

3. Somewhere with a decent permit price for a group like ours. I figure if we pitch in it comes down to a very reasonable price.

4. Centrally located for the northern and mid and southern guys.

So far Clement park is the best option I have found with two different locations at that park but one is MUCH farther from the restrooms.

The cost is $125.00 for this

Shelter Dimensions, Capacity, Etc. Concrete Pad 45’x45’

Shelter canopy 37’x 37’

Standing per shelter 100 people

Seating about 50-60

Tables – either 8 six foot tables

or 6 eight foot tables

Each shelter has one oversized grill

It is $1.00 per person for anything over 100 so we have to plan accordingly. Unfortunatly anyone that is not "invited" may get asked to leave if we meet capacity.

At $10.00 a person it would take 13 people to pay the rental fee, $5.00 for 26 people and so on so its VERY reasonable in my opinion. At this point I havent even called to see its availible and it would have to be paid in advance. Please dont just say yes if you think its a cool idea, say yes if you are willing to pitch in the $10 bux as well as bring something for the bbq potluck style. I am just checking interest to see who is down for something like this?

Thanks

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm interested...let me also recommend the picnic shelter down at Highland Heritage Regional Park...its off of Lincoln and Quebec, in Douglas county. Basically highlands ranch...and there is a GIGANTIC parking lot, as well as a 20 person lot right next to the shelter.

Well I suppose I will get a small list started for an idea of what to expect. Ill make a few phone calls.

1.Cryo

2.eekay

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

I think ill be interested in coming since I'm moving to Colorado on September 5th.. I wanna get to know the Colorado subie family. I'll be living in ft Collins and won't know my way around very well but ill find where ever this is going to be.

So have any dates been decided on yet? I'm interested, but with my odd work schedule and my son playing football, my weekends always seem to be filled some how, some way. Just an idea of a date would help in planning.

Well unfortunatly it seems the interest is very limited and something could be set up much easier via pm if at all rather than go through all the hassel of getting permits if its only a small group of people. So far if my count is correct we only have about 10 people who have chimed in with interest. Opinions are welcome

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Couple things...I used to work for the Douglas County Parks department, so I can talk to some people friday and find out if we can just get a free (or greatly reduced) rate for one of the late september weekends. Just an idea, but the only problem is, it'd be down south more. Like, highlands ranch. I'll post some details as I get them

As long as most of us are notified fairly early, the distance to the meet shouldn't be THAT big of a deal. I'm in for wherever, whatever, whenever... :)
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Update: Went in again today and put a reservation down for saturday sept. 24th!

Here's the skinny. It'll have to be an afternoon meet, as the park is going to be filled with soccer until then. They start early, and are usually done by 3 or 4.

As it stands right now, we're the first to make a reservation. It's free, BUT if someone else calls to reserve the shelter for that weekend, they will call me and give me the opportunity to pay the $66 fee.

How does that sound for everybody?

Nice work,I'm in + one other lgt owner

Update: Went in again today and put a reservation down for saturday sept. 24th!

Here's the skinny. It'll have to be an afternoon meet, as the park is going to be filled with soccer until then. They start early, and are usually done by 3 or 4.

As it stands right now, we're the first to make a reservation. It's free, BUT if someone else calls to reserve the shelter for that weekend, they will call me and give me the opportunity to pay the $66 fee.

How does that sound for everybody?

Archived