LegacyGT.com

Gas guage weirdness

Tundraman

My wife had an odd thing happen with our almost new 3.0R today- she had just left work when the gas guage went from 3/4 full to empty. The low gas light came on, too. The guage returned to normal after about 30 seconds, with no additional weirdness the rest of the way home.Thought I'd see if anyone had any insight or previous experience with this problem.

My older Regal does something similar at 1/2 tank or less; it's a known GM sending unit problem.

I don't want to contact the dealer unless this is reproduceable.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Loose connector or faulty sending unit would be my guess. Not a common problem, but anything can happen.

I'd take it in anyway, and get the issue "logged" so that if it becomes a problem later, you can reference this event and get warranty coverage for it. For that matter, they may actually investigate and see if a connector is loose or something.

My car only made it 3 months off the dealership floor before the gas gauge went AWAL. (when full only read 1/2 tank) It was replaced under warranty, fine ever since. Just one of the over 30 warranty trips filling my shoebox full of dealer repair/replacement sheets. :redface:

My car only made it 3 months off the dealership floor before the gas gauge went AWAL. (when full only read 1/2 tank) It was replaced under warranty, fine ever since. Just one of the over 30 warranty trips filling my shoebox full of dealer repair/replacement sheets. :redface:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

you're on a first name basis with everyone at beans now arent you?:lol:

Its more of a laugh with subaru as a whole, me and Mt. Olive subaru have been pretty familiar with each other for a while now because of stupid wiring issues in my car, they get pretty angry since I bought mine at wayne and I'm too lazy to drive to wayne for warranty, but hey, I'm entitled to and mt. Olive is 10 minutes away :lol: I've been battling with them lately about my tpms sensors being. Broken >:(

But none the less derek. I feel your pain. Wasn't meant to poke fun at you, more so to show how retarded SOA is.

LOL, tpms, what garbage. My car was in 4 times in the first six months for that, they had the car for over a week total between the 3 times I had to leave it. Replaced all sensors twice, the module, and a bunch of the wiring. (it still has issues occasionally) And they refuse to just deactivate it stating that it's a "safety hazard."

with the cold weather it goes on and off, ive noticed when it is in the high 50's and up its never on, but whenever its under that outside the light is on all the time. when i have my other wheels on its always on, i wish i could just yank that out, but that would make too much sense to them.

Archived