LegacyGT.com

Front End Covers

rickster

I'm curious to know if anyone has a front end cover on their Legacy...I don't really care for the hood deflector & consequently considering a front end cover....I've heard that they can fade the paint after prolonged use when they get wet. Has anyone had a similar experience. Thanks in advance, Rick

As long as the `Care Instructions' are followed, there should be no problems, and no rock chips on mask coverage areas.

I have had zero problems when using the covers and maintaining them as per instructions

Had one on my WRX,STi, and now the LGT.

Mike

At the Subaru dealership. It's for the Legacy 2.5I, and is not recommended (by Subaru)for the turbo versions due to the hood portion having a wind deflection from the scoop, but I use it in weather conditions not associated with performance driving.

Mike

Are you talking about the clear bra type covers or the black vinyl ones? The clear ones aren't supposed to discolor your paint. The vinyl itself might discolor, but you can always get it removed and redo it if that happens. That only happens to the crappy cheap ones though.

The black vinyl ones aren't designed for 24/7 use. You are only supposed to put it on if you are going to the track and don't want high speed rock chips or if you are going on a road trip for the same reason. You shouldn't use it durring the winter or if it is raining outside when possible. If you leave it on all the time then dirt will get under it and rub away at the paint. They aren't just install and forget type products. You have to maintain it. The same goes with the clear ones. If you don't maintain it or if you get a cheap clear bra then you will look like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/Jngrbrdman/clearbra.jpg

The black vinyl covers are perfectly fine for protecting your car as long as you maintain it. It is not meant to protect you from every rock chip on the road. Unless you want to take it on and off every week when you wash the car then you can't keep it on all the time. You should only use it when you are going on a long road trip or hitting the track for a couple laps.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Are you talking about the clear bra type covers or the black vinyl ones? The clear ones aren't supposed to discolor your paint. The vinyl itself might discolor, but you can always get it removed and redo it if that happens. That only happens to the crappy cheap ones though.

The black vinyl ones aren't designed for 24/7 use. You are only supposed to put it on if you are going to the track and don't want high speed rock chips or if you are going on a road trip for the same reason. You shouldn't use it durring the winter or if it is raining outside when possible. If you leave it on all the time then dirt will get under it and rub away at the paint. They aren't just install and forget type products. You have to maintain it. The same goes with the clear ones. If you don't maintain it or if you get a cheap clear bra then you will look like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/Jngrbrdman/clearbra.jpg

The black vinyl covers are perfectly fine for protecting your car as long as you maintain it. It is not meant to protect you from every rock chip on the road. Unless you want to take it on and off every week when you wash the car then you can't keep it on all the time. You should only use it when you are going on a long road trip or hitting the track for a couple laps.

I have the vinyl 2 piece made by Subaru. Off except when travelling on rock strewn highways. I also have clear Stongard on hood and lights

As long as the `Care Instructions' are followed, there should be no problems

That's what I try to tell people too. It still surprises me how many people put the bra on and then never take it off and are actually surprised when they have damage. Shocking... The damage isn't always fixable either. Sometimes the bra will actually leave an impression across the hood that can't be polished out. If you are taking it off and caring for it regularly then you are wiser than most.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived