LegacyGT.com

free maintenance coupons

dealers do make money from the service and they need to shell out money woth every ne feature added to a car because they have special tools that do the same job as another tool but they have to use it anyway to keep a service departmant. when i first got my camry every oil change would set me back a grand because they would allways find something else wrong with the car. and if you read some post on what people paid for their cars some people have said they got it at invoice or below, if they do that often then how else do dealerships stay in buisness?

When I got my car, I asked about the 3 year free maintenance and they told me that they would give it to me. I didn't have the coupon or voucher or whatever, and apparently they just signed me up for the program with the Security Added Service or whatever. My coupon book for the free maintenance came about a month later, without me having to send in/fill in anything...

I actually called Subaru with a number found on this forum. I pressed the issue with them about the coupons and got a voucher from them. I filled out the voucher even though it had been more than 60 days since car purchase ( this is stipulated on the voucher but I sent along an explanation that I had just received the voucher in the mail. Today I received the coupons in the mail.

[quote name='chinchy']When I got my car, I asked about the 3 year free maintenance and they told me that they would give it to me. I didn't have the coupon or voucher or whatever, and apparently they just signed me up for the program with the Security Added Service or whatever. My coupon book for the free maintenance came about a month later, without me having to send in/fill in anything...[/QUOTE] Yeah, well my dealer threw in the Security Added Service for me as well....told me to ignore the invoice when it was sent to me (which I received) because they had already taken care of it. BUT, what I am wondering is this: So, should I assume I'll receive the coupons from the Security Added Service...even though I ditched the invoice like the dealer suggested? What are the coupons for? I understand they are for "free maintenance", but specifically what maintenance is FREE? With my WRX, Subaru always emailed me maintenance coupons...usually discount coupons...I think through (or they were available on) the MySubaru website. And...I assume these are UNRELATED to the $500 SubaruBucks I'm supposed to get (but have not yet received...it's been a month since my purchase). And, I assume these are coupons that are worth more than the usual "discount" coupons I have traditionally had access to through MySubaru? I should probably be calling the dealer on this, but I know there are many knowledgeable folks on this site, and I'd like to have things straight before I do that....which I should probably do soon ... Thanks in advance all..

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Archived