LegacyGT.com

fog light for 09 Legacy

www0831

this fog light has no effect at all.....

and since this is my 1st car, i have lack of knowledge about it...

what type of fog light can give the better visible in night? color?and hope the price isnt too high....

any size different of the light bulb? and wheres the lower price to shop.

Appreciate!!

^ I agree - upgrade the low-beam element for better visibility.

As for the factory fogs, adjust them via trial-and-error so that you're happy with how they throw, for your specific needs.

Set as-is, they work well in true fog, and under those conditions, you'd be driving really slowly, so their throw "distance" is not an issue. Given the factory optics, this light just isn't designed to throw, no matter what you do with it.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

thx for these comments

i thought fog light can help, because we had a 04 or 05 impreza outback... and its fog light is much brighter.

is there any specific low beam bulb for legacy? or i can find any type in store?

do i just re-aim for avoid affecting other drivers?

because lots of car's light hurt my eyes in night

i think the fogs are h3 ---not 100% sure tho as i do not have them you can check sylvania.com they have a bulb guide

the lows are H7....if your going to upgrade the lows i recommend to go with a plug and play HID kit in like 4300k or 6000k if your into that look

thx for these comments

i thought fog light can help, because we had a 04 or 05 impreza outback... and its fog light is much brighter.

is there any specific low beam bulb for legacy? or i can find any type in store?

do i just re-aim for avoid affecting other drivers?

because lots of car's light hurt my eyes in night

The low beam is a H7 - search for the terms "Daniel Stern," and you'll find the necessary information on replacement halogen incandescents. Many of us have had good things to say about the +65 solutions, but if you'd rather go with a standard-wattage replacement, the Osram Night Breakers are a favorite.

Alternatively, a plug-and-play H7-based HID kit of 35W, 4300 to 5000K color-temperature will also do very nicely.

In terms of aim, neither of these approaches, as long as you have your headlamps properly aimed (look for the FAQ on how to properly aim your headlamps), should provide oncoming traffic with so much insult as to either be uncomfortable or dangerous.

As for the fogs, like the others have said above, IIRC, with the '08-'09, the fitment is 9006 - however, as I am not intimately familiar with that revision of the BL/BP, I would advise that you not take my word for it, and double-check this critical factor yourself.

Typically, to enhance driver visibility - exclusive of secondary considerations, such as type-of-use (i.e. "fog") - you simply want to throw as much light as possible. In this respect, if your bulb type is 9006, you will be able to utilize an HIR replacement, either with or without the "hi-lo mod" (again, the search engine here should bring up the necessary posts for you to gain an understanding of what this is, as well as how to do it) depending on if you wish to go slightly overwattage, or not.

As for your subjective comfort, some drivers find a "yellower" light to be more comfortable in foul-weather situations. If you pursue this route - which, "driver comfort," is a valid consideration - just know that you will lose some amount of light, and remember that while increasing subjective comfort may make you more confident behind the wheel, you should still adjust your driving practices to suit weather conditions, as this enhancement has been shown to be truly subjective, and will not translate to actual improved driving performance.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

• 1 month later...
Bulb chart out of my '09 manual.. Can anyone catch the typo?

Ive led'd my whole car inside and out all the turn signals, interior lightings, rear brake lamp, and reverse lamp and license plate lamp, and my car is an 08 quite frankly they fixed the typos in your manual for the fog lamps before they wrote the wrong one and wrote h3 which is the wrong size in my manual. H3 is for 07 and before. I dont see anything wrong with that except for the rear brake light and tail lamp bulb that does w21 that dont seem right unless they change the tail light design and or its different from the gt's and the 2008's? That I dont know about. Well for my rear brake bulb/tail lamp size its 7443 and the rear turn signals is 7440a but i used the same bulb in both rear signals and brake lamp which is 7443 which both are high wattage rear brake and turn signals are the same bulb. If you do turn signals u need a resistor fuse to support and get rid of the rapid flashing.

Fogs are definitely 9006. I have 8000k in my fogs they are so useless its only for looks. I say if you want visability then you get 3000k or 4300k and re adjust the fogs. 8000K kinda works in heavy fog but it is useless in a heavy snow storm.

• 4 weeks later...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Hella-H71010291-Optilux-Halogen-Projector/dp/B0002MA3NU]Amazon.com: Hella H71010291 Optilux Model 1100 12V/55W Black Halogen Projector Fog Lamp Kit: Automotive[/ame]

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=101&parent=85

going to replace mine with these, it's an excuse to upgrade since both lenese are cracked.

^ LegacyMUN2k6, keep us informed on how it works out....

My problem with the 35W HID fog (3000K color-temperature, as I favor that, for the application) application was that I couldn't bear the burn-in time, and that the setup didn't generate enough forward heat to self-clear during the winter months. I ended up switching back to an 85W standard halogen incandescent.

Of your proposed setup, I'm especially interested to see how the revised optics will go. :)

Archived