LegacyGT.com

(FML) Ran over a concrete median

XLeezardx

This past weekend I ran over a concrete curb median in a street @ 30mph. All 4 tires blew and have holes in them. 2 front wheels are bent in about 2 inches and the rears have dents on the edge about 1/2 inch deep. My front passenger wheel is "butterflying" a tad. No damage to the body or engine. I had to get my car flat bedded back to my house. I havent fully inspected the car yet and looking for wheels. Can anyone guess what kind of suspension damages I could be facing?

Check the front control arm studs (what the big squishy tennis balls are mounted on) to make sure they or the section of the frame they are mounted into isn't bent/tweaked. Our chassis are venerable to this kind of damage.

See...this kinda stuff makes me want to keep my truck. i hit curbs now and then parking or being an idiot and yeah..it doesnt even phase me...im gonna need to learn to be so much more cautious if i get a car.

You can do it! I went from DDing a YJ with a Detroit Locker LOL

damn i had to make a quick u-turn on a narrow street an hour ago. so of course i just drove onto the sidewalk via over a curb and then reversed...thats completely normal for me to do i've got like 20" ground clearance. i hope to god i dont do that if i get a car....it wont turn out pretty.

damn i had to make a quick u-turn on a narrow street an hour ago. so of course i just drove onto the sidewalk via over a curb and then reversed...thats completely normal for me to do i've got like 20" ground clearance. i hope to god i dont do that if i get a car....it wont turn out pretty.

Me too. I do that in my truck. But I don't back up. Even if there's a Corolla in the way.

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

Leezard!!! NOOOOO!!! Now how will you be able to drive to my house and cook me one of your delicious specialties? I am so sorry to hear about your mishap. A friend of mine (female) just did the same thing this summer. She was driving a Chevy SUV so it was not as big of a repair.

:redface:Maybe this will make you feel better:

Last Spring I was on the highway in bumper to bumper traffic. I was in the far right lane behind someone who was trying to merge to the middle. They had about twenty car lengths in front of them. I swerved with out looking into the breakdown lane in order to pass this guy and got side swiped by a bus. Didn't realize that in MN buses take the BD lane during rush hour. Worst of all...I had my grandparents in the car.:eek:

Don't be sad. These things happen to the very best of us.

Pictures. I can't thank this community enough for your help. The tires and wheels that I destoryed were from bnuyenbb6. I just purchased another set from MOMSWGN. Turns out I bent my passenger side strut and im hoping thats the only one that needs replacing. My caster is a couple of degree's off so I suspect the control arm isnt bent. Lucky i know how to do the suspension work myself.

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp243/Leephan79/Cars/IMG_8815.jpg

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp243/Leephan79/Cars/IMG_8816.jpg

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp243/Leephan79/Cars/IMG_8818.jpg

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp243/Leephan79/Cars/IMG_8820.jpg

Your front passenger side tire looks exactly like mine, when I hit a wheel that was lying in the road. It just outright bent the strut, did no damage to anything else. My passenger screamed when we hit, it was that violent.

Replace what is visibly destroyed and trouble shoot from there, if the car does not behave right. Good luck.

Sorry to hear. If the strut is bent, then I'd check your LCA, LCA bushing mounting plate, and your your ball joint for collateral damage. Also, check your sway bar and end links too. At the rear, look for lower lateral link tweaking.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Sorry to hear. If the strut is bent, then I'd check your LCA, LCA bushing mounting plate, and your your ball joint for collateral damage. Also, check your sway bar and end links too. At the rear, look for lower lateral link tweaking.

When I ran through a pot hole and bent two rims, it also took out my LCA bushing and rear rear lateral link also. The rear lat. link was tweaked just enough to throw off the rear toe. I didn't realize it was tweaked until much later, as the legacy rear toe is kind of weird to get right from the factory.

Archived