LegacyGT.com

Any FL owners interested in a STI Lower Front Arm Group Buy?

Opie

Any FL owners interested in a STI Lower Front Arm Group Buy? What is it you ask....

http://www.thel7.com/Wills/Sale/FrontBar.jpg

Basically I am planning to order one for myself, but if some of you local to Tampa are also interested shipping is cheaper for the more that are ordered.

1 = $245.00 Shipped to my house

3 = $680.00 Shipped to my house ($227.00 each)

5 = $1110.00 Shipped to my house ($222.00 each)

You get the idea...

Anyone interested would have to PrePay and pick the bar up from me.

Now for some FAQ's.

When will the order be placed? I'll set the group buy close date on Sept. 7th, 2006. All those who have pre-paid will have their bar ordered on Sept. 8th, 2006.

When will the bars arrive? Orders from Japan usually take 2 - 4 weeks.

What does the bar fit? I know it fits the 2007 JDM Legacy STi and based on its appearance it should fit the USDM LGT with little to no modification. However this is yet to be tested and a definitive answer will not be known until the bars arrive.

Who is making money on this group buy? No one but the vendor in Japan. There is no mark up at all on my part, just figured I could help everyone (including myself) save a bit on shipping. I am not a business, I am doing this entirely on my own.

Will you ship the bar to me if I can't pick it up? If you live in the lower 48, Yes...but you will be responsible for any and all shipping charges. I won't be able to estimate those shipping charges until the bars arrive. If you decide the shipping is too much you have only 2 options; 1) Come and pick the bar up from me. 2) Forfeit your bar and money.

So is anybody intersted? (Combined price - $560.00)

1. Opie: 1 STI Lower Front Brace (Individual price - $245.00) $ Due = $239.00

2. RBP MY05 2.5I: 1 Set Aero Spats (Individual price - $327.00) $ Due = $321.00

Group Buy closed. Order placed on 09/06/2006

Id be interested if it would fit as the Cusco lower arm bar doesnt fit the 2.5i

That's a good question...I would guess that this one would also NOT fit the 2.5i due to the orientation of the 2.5i's exhaust path but I wouldn't know for sure until it arrives.

That's a good question...I would guess that this one would also NOT fit the 2.5i due to the orientation of the 2.5i's exhaust path but I wouldn't know for sure until it arrives.

Well, you're good with words, how about you convince japanparts or whoever you're dealing with to send one out as a test fitment, or get Bill to build me a Cosworth race motor for free. :lol:

again, :lol:

Hey now, don't laugh at us, we were almost affected by a tropical storm, I need FEMA to give me a $3k debit card for car parts.

Not to mention I did read you would trade your wagon in on an 6spd STi wagon. So here is your chance to be that much closer to being like an STi wagon. :lol:

I'm interested but one question.....If it doesn't fit will they issue a refund?

Nope, Japanparts does not guarantee fitment for non-JDM cars...so we would all be guinea pigs! :D Of course they didn't guarantee fitment on my grille, mud gaurds, rear lip or taillights...but they all fit fine! ;)

well, good point.......going with the STi brace would hit 8 less points than the Cusco version at double the price. Sign me up!!!!

So your in?

I'm not local and I have the Cusco, so count me as a 'no'.

:lol: I said I'd ship if you wanna pay for it! :D Plus it's STI JDM! :lol:

Watch...SPT will add this to there offerings the day after I order it!

they will, because it looks identical in finish and construction to the front strut bar they sell for $279. At least give us the trick Genome piece with cast ends and tubular titanium bar:

http://h01fl66n.hp.infoseek.co.jp/tawa-bar.JPG

they will, because it looks identical in finish and construction to the front strut bar they sell for $279. At least give us the trick Genome piece with cast ends and tubular titanium bar:

http://h01fl66n.hp.infoseek.co.jp/tawa-bar.JPG

That one is available....$423.00 :icon_eek: Shipped to me

:eek:

A kiss afterword.......mabe a reacharound?

:lol: Ummmm.....No

Blame the U.S. Dollar to Japan Yen conversion...if their economy drops the prices get lower...just gotta watch the market.

Archived